I was fortunate while at the recent GPAA show in Las Vegas to meet Brandon Niece and his wife Katie. Just a super nice couple, and Brandon a real metal detecting expert. He is known on the forums as Dr. Tones and has a popular YouTube series, Dirt Fishin America, with over 22,000 subscribers!

Long story short Brandon has a new book out and I got to take a look at it during the show. It is called The Metal Detecting Bible: Helpful Tips, Expert Tricks and Insider Secrets for Finding Hidden Treasures. It is what I like in a book - clear, concise useful information with excellent illustrations. In particular, the book focuses on the latest methods including the use of GPS units while detecting. Other subjects include:

• Choose the best metal detector
  • Learn where to search and why
  • Practice appropriate swing techniques
  • Integrate advanced GPS technology
  • Scout out beaches, parks and historic sites
  • Gain permission to hunt on private property
  • Identify antique coins, relics and jewelry
  • Use handy target recovery tools
  • Clean and safely preserve your finds
  • Sell your finds for a profit

With a five star rating for its 144 information packed pages it is well worth a place on the detectortist bookshelf. You can get it from Amazon or your favorite detector dealer.

56dc929ed35f3_brandon-niece-bookmetal-de

• Like 5

It's been awhile since a good detecting book has been published.

It's always fun to give them a read.

It takes a lot of time and effort to write anything, to put together a concise metal detecting book must be quite a chore.

I wish Brandon the best and will order a copy to help support his contribution to us all. 

• Like 1

Just ordered a signed copy from "Dr Tones" on ebay.  Thanks for the info Steve, looks like a great book!