Short Hunt With Gold Mak

After staying hunkered down on saturday with the big storm blowing over, I woke up sunday to unexpected partly cloudy skies. The forecast was for more rain today, but it actually looked to be a long ways off. So I headed back out to same area that ive been detecting lately to try some new area. I wanted to get to the very back diggings of the gold area, but I stopped halfway at some of the other diggings about 120 yrds from last trip. I brought out the Gold Mak with 2 coils and I thought I better try to see if it could run in this bad ground. I previously only had Fors plus there. And the plus did all right there but Gold Mak is alot stronger. I had brought along the large 15" coil to try out and see if I could get a patch going and cover some ground quick. The ground was very wet from the storm and I had a hard time detecting with the big coil. It picks up too much bad ground at once to stay stable in all metal. It did run ok in the disc modes. It probably will run good there if the ground was dryer. So I changed back to the 10x5 dd. then the hunt was on. After finding a slew of lead, I finally found 1 tiny piece. little gold on gold mak really does hit good. Then another 10 pieces of lead before I got a little patch going with 4 more pieces. Then all at once the wind started blowing like a hurricane and within 10 minutes it was a full blown monsoon. I didnt bring the greatest coat for rain or the rain gear for gold mak. So as they say in kansas I got the hell out of dodge.surprisingly it was nice and sunny 1/2 hour before the downpour. Well that was the end of the day. I managed to find 5 pcs for .7 dwt. And found a little patch that might produce more later. My settings on gold mak today was all metal, sens. 65 threshold 25, isat 8, id mask 10. No tracking.Was a good setting for the area and still hits small gold loud. Good luck

20160306_150053.jpg

20160306_150003.jpg

• Like 5

Took me a second to figure out what a Gold Mak is, lol. Nice job . Yeah, that was a pretty intense storm last night...lots of trees down , and creeks are near flood stage. I took advantage of the break this afternoin to cstch some stripers...left right before our monsoon.

20160306_144055.jpg

• Like 4