Makro Racer 2 Display & Controls - Best Ever?

Did I not see on the MXS under the ID number a abbreviated spelling of the value of the target that the detector says it is ?

I can see that the Racer 2 is doing a great on what I can see and hear. But again you don't see what the ID numbers are. It don't have to tell me hey Chuck it a nail are a coin. Just show me one time what that big screen and numbers show. Be it a air test are in ground test this is never shown. Could it be that the detector is showing something else other than what's in the ground.

All I want to know is the ID number correct on what's in the ground. Is this asking too much ?

Chuck 

Tom Dankowski just posted test notes on the Racer 2 over on his forum and stated that Id accuracy on in the clear targets is good to almost maximum depth.  Now that's in his Florida soil.  Co-located ID's are what you would expect with any VLF detector.

I just watch another video doing a air test on the Racer 2 and they had some American coins. They also had a camera on the screen they showed at first But when they started the test not one time did they show what the ID showed. This is on the MD-Hunter Blog,

I too would be concern about moisture. Makro Nokta are very good about correcting a problem you may have.

Chuck

Chuck, the Racers just like many other machines give you numbers, that is it. If you want the screen to say dime or nickel or whatever, the Nokta and Makro detectors do not do it. Yeah, a White's does that.

Deus - no. CTX 3030 - no.

Honestly, a fairly useless function for machines made for the international market. All I do is remember three numbers for any machine - ferrous, nickel and dime. Ferrous on the Racer 2 is around 10, nickel is around 32, and dime about 80. I know where everything else will be in relation to those three numbers

It took me awhile to figure out what it was you were after.

Actually machines that say Dime or Quarter seems to annoy a lot of Brits over here which is why they go as far as buying other brands, me I don't care I just switch to the Relic mode and read the numbers but there again you can just read the numbers in the C&J mode, But non Americans seem to have an issue with a machine calling what the Item is. I am sure worse things happen to people in other parts of the world.

john 

On March 11, 2016 at 5:44 PM, Sourdough Scott said:

I noticed my screen was able to get some condensation on the inside. It was humid and wet , but the screen didn't get wet from rain. But I have concerns about moisture getting in. 

Were you using the pod rain cover? I have found with most machines those create a little hothouse and actually can drive moisture into the control box. I open the bottom up to allow air flow, if I even use them at all.

You guys are talking to a guy that has spent a lot of time detecting in the rain with all sorts of machines. Fears of damage due to moisture are largely unfounded. I has never had moisture cause a genuine problem even with fogged display screen, etc. Only time I have ever had moisture issues is dropping machines in creeks.

• Like 1