Video - White's MX Sport vs Fisher F75 & Garrett AT Pro

Lots of people have been posting about not liking the audio. Maybe people that have not used lots of White's detectors? The MX Sport more like a DFX or V3i (and I assume MX5) than MXT but nothing that White's has not made for many years. Some people will think that bad and some good - whatever. I have nothing against pure digital tones myself. I run my DFX in full tones mode and may very well do the same with the MX Sport.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Video - White's MX Sport vs Fisher F75 & Garrett AT Pro

From the depth side of things the MX-S looks impressive, The shocker was the V3i and even though he changed coils it just goes to show what happens when you over power a machine going from 14 down to 8, I have seen that happen on the MXT, and that ultimate coil wow what a difference.

With the MX-S I would like to hear it in 2 tone mode because not knowing the machine it seems to be all over the place and I can't tell what it is doing, needless to say from the depth side of things I am impressed, But I just looked up the price over here and it is $992.58 USD which is the same price as the MXT All Pro over here, So compare that to the other brand that I have been looking at here and tells me this one is not for me because the other one is $284 cheaper and has everything on board that I have been asking for, But the MX-S is impressive even if I don't know what the devil it is doing, lol.

I think I need a new 950 coil and that ultimate coil.

john

Yeah Rick, folks are hurting all over for sure, The MX-S has some good things going for it and like all others some not so good, Personally I don't need 22 or 8 tones so 2 with the option with Iron Grunt would do just fine for me, It seems that detectors are getting like Cell phones they are filling them up with junk we never use just for the sake of the few,

• 2 months later...

I love my Racer 2 but it was the same price as my MXS and it's not waterproof. I was expecting the R2 to be less expensive due to our strong dollar and the lower cost structure in Turkey. Don't get me wrong, the R2 is still a great buy... However, the Sweet Home built MXS is an exceptional value in my opinion.

• Like 2

On March 12, 2016 at 8:13 PM, auminesweeper said:

Personally I don't need 22 or 8 tones so 2 with the option with Iron Grunt would do just fine for me, It seems that detectors are getting like Cell phones they are filling them up with junk we never use just for the sake of the few,

I would rather a detector has functions available that I may or may not use rather than simply not have functions I may want. I can't see how a detector having a tone option you do not use hurts you in any way. However, the lack of that same option may make the machine something that others would not want. There are plenty of detectors for people who do not want options (Compadre anyone?)

• Like 1

I use to like the 4 tone on my sovereign GT although the sound of them was hard on the ears, My E-trac drove me nuts and you are right it's handy to have them, I have never used the 7 tone ID I have because it takes my mind away from the task at hand thinking about what a target might be, which is strange for someone like me coming from a music back ground, Maybe as I got older my fuse has got shorter and I don't like being messed about which is most likely why I prefer the dig no dig option.

Dang, I'm turning in to my Grand Father Yikes