Video - White's MX Sport vs Fisher F75 & Garrett AT Pro

Guest Tnsharpshooter

I like mine.

It for the loot does some things good.

Seems to handle mineral pretty good.

Gotta watch running sens too high though-- machine will get sparky.

Despite the bugs on release I think White's has produced a nice alternative to the Garrett AT series. All the focus on MXT versus MX Sport has totally obscured what should be the main question - how does the MX Sport stack up in the world of all terrain detectors waterproof to ten feet? I think the Garrett AT machines are terrific little detectors but not everyone likes them, and the MX Sport is a very credible alternative. And at literally less than one third the price far more affordable than a CTX 3030, though the CTX being multi frequency really is in another class. White's has a strong case for the MXS being the best alternative to the Garrett AT detectors currently available.

• Like 1

Well now the MXS has the fix it should be a good machine, and like you say The price of the MXS is going to allow a lot of people to get in to water detecting who are on a limited budget and have reasonable results So that has got to be a good thing, Apart from a certain design flaw the only other thing I would change on the MXS is the way the Tones react in that I would like the to respond like the 7 tones on the MXT, Because they appear to be a bit lethargic with a slight delay, But we must not forget that this machine has only just arrived on the market and they will have time to make changes in the years ahead, So it's all Good, Aye.

john