Movin Up River With Gold Mak

9 hours ago, californiagold said:

Hey Lanny. I like both Gold Racer and Fors plus. I like Gold Racer slightly better mainly because of design. it does sound off a little better on fringe targets aswell. but I will still use the Fors plus alot more too. 

Thanks for taking the time to respond; I really appreciate the feedback.

All the best,

Lanny

5 hours ago, vanursepaul said:

All you need to carry is a .22 if you have a partner...

you can just kneecap them as you are running away

Paul,

You need to tell people here you are not going to be shooting the bear!

You shoot your partner in the knee so the bear will stop chasing you as YOU run away!

(Paul always thinks of his partner first.  He is a really sweet guy in that way.)

Mitchel

:tongue:

Oh CaliforniaGold, nice gold.  More than I have gotten so far this year total.

californiagold  How does the macro gold racer screen do in bright sunlite??  I have the ATX [ will be selling it soon ] good machine just to heavy for me since I messed up my shoulder. Need a light machine. Leaning toward the Macro Gold or the new Nokta AU with the hip mountable & the manual adjustments. Also congrats on the nice GOLD haul. You sure got the Macro Gold dialed in. Later Jerry  :smile:

5 hours ago, ddog said:

californiagold  How does the macro gold racer screen do in bright sunlite??  I have the ATX [ will be selling it soon ] good machine just to heavy for me since I messed up my shoulder. Need a light machine. Leaning toward the Macro Gold or the new Nokta AU with the hip mountable & the manual adjustments. Also congrats on the nice GOLD haul. You sure got the Macro Gold dialed in. Later Jerry  :smile:

Jerry,

Most detector screens suffer glare in the sun. gold racer's screen with the brite display is pretty good. but you still can get glare. you can buy matte finish, non glare protective film for the display. they work good to cut the glare. I'm not sure of the weight difference between gold racer and Au finder. maybe Steve can list that or maybe has allready.  But if knobs and hip mount are what you are looking for maybe Au finder is the good choice. but Gold racer is a great detector, and it is not heavy. Good luck on whatever you get.

TrinityAu  used the Fisher Gold Bug Pro for quite a while and found a lot of gold with it (and a review is in his new book).

It is lighter than the Gold Racer and Ray(TrinityAu) said the Gold Racer was "slightly better" than the Gold Bug Pro. If you need a light detector, it might be better? 

I have one and no problem finding gold with it.

Hip mounts are "ok" but when you lay the detector down, you are still "tied" to it.  I tried that for a while with the Gold Bug 2 but it was a pain.....

Btw, Californiagold, NICE GOLD !!

• Like 1