Nokta AU Goldfinder

Hello everyone, very quick post about the newest detector to hit the market place.The  "AU Goldfinder"  detector. I received the detector the other day and was able to get out for a few minutes with it on Saturday. I love the Makro Gold Racer and now I really love this AU Goldfinder. It is all manual, and well balanced. Virtually the same as the Gold Racer except it has knobs and toggles.This in itself takes me back many years. I think this unit is going to be a top seller unless other detector companies provide a vastly superior VLF unit soon.

I will be using this unit over the next several weeks and provide more information as I can. I was very impressed with the stability in all modes and even found one small nugget first day out, actually, the first hour out. I was detecting in an area that does not offer any sub-grain pieces but did have one with me and absolutely had no problem hearing it in any of the three modes. 

As always, I will let Steve take it away with the technical aspects as my free time will be tied up playing with my newest toy.. Thanks, TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

Sorry about the second picture, not to clear. The piece I found was one half pennyweight or .78 grams at about nine inches.

AU GOLDFINDER 1.jpg

AU GOLDFINDER 2.jpg

AU 1.jpg

AU 2.jpg

AU 3.jpg

AU 4.jpg

AU 5.jpg

• Like 4

• The title was changed to Nokta AU Goldfinder

Just wondering what these are going for and how it compares to a GB-2?

There was a link in Ray's message to that information but here it is again 

The 56 kHz Au Gold Finder is going for US$749. The 71 kHz Gold Bug 2 may have a hairsbreadth edge on the tiniest gold while the AU Gold Finder with 15" x 13" DD can slay the Gold Bug 2 for depth on larger gold since the GB2 has no comparable coil. The AU Gold Finder variable discrimination control means it may be suitable for more varied applications than the Gold Bug 2 with its all or nothing iron disc control.

• Like 1

This really is the true Gold Detecting unit amoung the Nokta/Makro range.

Stock 10"x5.5" and small 5" in the initial purchase bundle, and can be mounted on a straight shaft in front of the handgrip, no childlike s/rod to put up with ...very nice.

So it shares the Gold Racer coils? Running the 15"x13" with it's iSAT causing a nice electronic halo to keep the Threshold from wavering over changeable ground, and the ability to run the unit manually balanced (riding the ground balance dial on the fly without stopping to balance by letting your hearing judge the ground)

Higher kHz for smaller pieces, yet on a unit that can push the gain through hot ground ....automatically places this unit in contention and butt-up against the best hot ground handling VLF's ever made.

I swear to God, if this unit can be adjusted to handle the types of ground we gold detectorists need it to, and operates at the level I believe it will do....

I'll purchase 2 units, with two 15x13 coils, and not use another VLF or PI again...period!

And that is coming from someone that has knocked and ridiculed Nokta from day one.

• Like 2

I just received the New AU Gold Finder today.

Looks good but the first thing I notice is the cable is insanely long for hip mounting. Very sad, it ruins the looks of the unit to have this much cable for people not hip mounting. I am wondering if shortening it will cause any problems in the electronics. I know pulse induction components are sensitive to this.

-Don

• Like 1

I am just going to shorten it myself. (cut & use the soldering iron)

I haven't heard of a choice between long & short cables. I think they all come with long cables on both coils. There is not a lot of room on the shaft for all the extra length. If you don't want to cut it, maybe wrap it around the control box like a spool.

-Don