Nokta AU Goldfinder

I tried out the AU Gold Finder for the first time today on my gold claims. (Very mineralized ground) This detector is a level above other brand VLF prospecting detectors and I have used quite a few in the past. I am very happy with the performance. I also noticed the small 5" round coil is more sensitive to tiny gold. I have a 0.03 gram wire gold piece that the 5" coil can see but the 5x10" coil cannot. Of course the 5x10" coil is deeper on bigger nuggets. The 5x10" coil can see all my 0.08-0.10 gram tiny wire gold nuggets just fine.
(The tiny gold test were in air.) I also buried some larger nuggets in the hot ground. I have another brand VLF prospecting unit that didn't make a peep on certain nuggets in the ground while the AU Gold Finder was loud & clear.

-Don

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Don71 said:

II have another brand VLF prospecting unit that didn't make a peep on certain nuggets in the ground while the AU Gold Finder was loud & clear.

We'd be interested to know what that other detector was Don. No need to be shy about sharing info about your finding with comparing different detectors.

• Like 2

The other detector was the Fisher F19 which is supposed to be the Gold Bug Pro with notching, backlight, and other features added. I had the Gold Bug Pro before the F19 but sold it. I was suprised when the F19 couldn't see a 5 gram nugget at 5 inches in high mineral soil but the Goldfinder could. The F19 just barely grunted an iron signal in disc and in "all metal" it was lost in the background noise of the ground. The Goldfinder correctly identified the target as non-ferrous but only with iMask set at 1 or 2. In "all metal" it was an obvious signal. I do hear the Goldfinder making pops and clicks at high sensitivity. Also, if you turn down the disc below 10, it starts picking up a little more interference. I turned down the disc to see if there was any iron signal in a high tone, if there was some low tone, it was usually a junk target. This area is very tough on VLF detectors.

-Don

• Like 1

13 hours ago, auminesweeper said:

So how does this compare to the Gold Racer, It looks a beast, I am liking everything I have seen from them so far and they are Good people,

Thanks John

From AU Gold Finder Announcement

"In a nutshell - target id. The Gold Racer offers target id capability and the AU Gold Finder does not.

The Gold Racer is slightly less heavy at 3 lb 3.3 oz with batteries as opposed to the AU Gold Finder at 3 lb 8.4 oz with batteries, as just weighed on my postal scales. The AU Gold Finder however is all in one control box, and so may be hip mounted. The control box weighs 2 lb 3.5 oz leaving you with 1 lb 4.8 oz on arm for rod/coil assembly. The Gold Racer cannot be separated from the rod assembly.

The Gold Racer is water resistant like all detectors, which means ok in light rain. The AU Gold Finder cannot be submerged but I would feel comfortable dropping it in a pond and grabbing right back up, or dumping a cup of water over it. The battery door is rubber oring sealed and the top mounted speaker is plastic cone and sealed in the case. Switches are rubber capped.

Since the control box is easily dismounted you can put it on any rod assembly mounted any way you wish.

The Gold Racer is being advertised at US$699 and AU Gold Finder at US$749

My Gold Racer coils work on the AU Gold Finder and hopefully this remains with production models - perhaps Nokta will confirm."

Ah, so this one is like a hotrod GB II and the Gold Racer is a Hotrod GMT, funny how 2 companies have created 2 fully loaded models that bring mid frequency machine in to the 21st century, I won't hurt to buy them both and the Core,  these 2 companies a hoovering my imagination faster than I can think of a question to ask, We are not use to such dedication fantastic people. 

thanks Steve

• 3 months later...

Hi, I am new to this site and received one of these from Kellyco for testing in Ca. So far, I like the feel and weight of the machine. The control box feels quality. I have been out with it twice and have been digging every "Green Light" or High Tone just to get the feel of it.

I have a couple old diggings I will be taking it to in the next couple weeks to try it on whatever the old timers may have missed.

I like what I see so far.

MP