Your Pick Of Any Nugget Detector For High Trash Areas?

16 minutes ago, auminesweeper said:

DD coils have become more of a Crutch  than anything else, On company did a big publicity stunt and suddenly everyone fell for the Hype but the trouble is many detectors became noisy and suffered from EMI and in the process became less sensitive and then users also had to learn to draw an "X" to pin point the Target and some folks even now still miss their targets, where as with a Concentric when you pull the pin point trigger as the signal gets Louder the Target always ends up in the middle of the Coil,

I'm still amazed at the sensitivity you quote coming from a 14Khz machine.  I could see it with a 50 Khz but I didn't think a detector at 14 Khz could see anything that small.  I don't think I ever used a DD could on my 3500 when I had it.  But then again I may not have used it in any real bad ground either.  

I did check on line already for the MXT and I see there are several models.  There is the Tracker E series, The MXT Pro MXT All pro and the MXT.  Which do your recommend most?  I'm not saying I'm going to run out and by one but I definitely want to check it out.  

Terry

2 hours ago, Roughwater said:

I'm still amazed at the sensitivity you quote coming from a 14Khz machine.  I could see it with a 50 Khz but I didn't think a detector at 14 Khz could see anything that small.  I don't think I ever used a DD could on my 3500 when I had it.  But then again I may not have used it in any real bad ground either.  

I did check on line already for the MXT and I see there are several models.  There is the Tracker E series, The MXT Pro MXT All pro and the MXT.  Which do your recommend most?  I'm not saying I'm going to run out and by one but I definitely want to check it out.  

Terry

What you have to remember is the MXT was a Ground breaking machine when the First (E-Series ) came out because not only did they have the best ground tracking system ever made and to this day others including Whites are still copying it to this day and It was the first Truly multi-purpose machine and as far as the 14khz is concerned part of the reason that it can see such small bits is because it has a Hyper Gain setting that is really effective and although it is cheaper than a lot of top end machines the Tracking system and the high gain system really Punches above it's weight much to the Annoyance of other companies, Remembering that this machine has been on the market for 16 years now and it has taken the other companies all this time to even come close to it, Even Whites latest machines from the last 5 years cant better it, they can come close or even equal to but they just can't beat it, and even white said in their last video that they copied the tracking system over to the MX-Sport but the MXT is still the better machine, even now I am finding new tricks even after about 4000 hours of field use and testing, the latest trick is going to dwarf anything else.

I would get the All Pro purely because that 10"DD is flaming expensive to buy as a separate item, But the coils to get is the 6x10 DD, and the 12" concentric and the 5.3 = 6" concentric and maybe the 4x6 DD shooter coil, and they also have a 13" coil called the Ultimate,

The All Pro have 3 Main modes and two sub modes in C&J and 3 in the Relic mode and 2 in the prospecting mode, SO that's 7 in total plus the pinpoint mode.

Hope this helps,, John 

It does help for sure.  Thanks.  What about the 15" max coil?  Think it's worth getting too? I am singing off for now but will check you replay in the morning.  

Take care and best Regards.

Terry

To be honest it is one of those things that you really need A task in mind for it to do before going out and buy it, I have tested it and it is very sensitive and it will go to about 3 feet on things the size of your fist and about 4 or 5 feet on gallon paint can sized objects, one time I left the machine turned on and I went out to the kitchen and moved a small portable Gas heater that was 6 or 7 feet away and the detector went Nuts, so it has a bit of power to it, so it will see items pretty deep in the ground, Like I said earlier even with the 12" coil the MXT will rival A PI machine, The 15" is an Impressive coil but the size of the thing is Huge, It's like a flaming Dust bin Lid, Great coil and the price is a blast, I can't say whether you should get one or not or the MXT for that matter and my views are based on m experience's but you have to get what is right for you, But they are both special bits of Kit, No Doubt.

John

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Roughwater, re detecting trashy areas, in some (a few) specific spots where the trash is maybe in the top few inches of unworked/virgin ground the 7000 has the ability to discriminate out shallow trash. You ignore all the double blip (shallow signals) and very loud signals (big bits of iron) and listen for only the deep mellow single blip signals. This has worked for me in trashy areas with surface trash down to about 5 inches, however if you are working mullock heaps/dug up ground then it won't work and you will obviously go with a true discriminating detector. Cheers RDD 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedDirtDigger said:

the 7000 has the ability to discriminate out shallow trash. You ignore all the double blip (shallow signals) and very loud signals (big bits of iron) and listen for only the deep mellow single blip signals.

Thanks Red Dirt Digger, I had no Idea the 7000 could discriminated anything.  Good to know.  

Also, we have a lot of Red dirt here in this part of North Carolina but not much gold.  For the most part you have to go 1600 miles plus to get to most of the Gold in the states.