Coiltek Mono Elite 18" & 14"

Hello

I made it back out again today but with a different strategy.  Use a gpx 5000 armed with 2 new high tech coils from Coiltek instead of a vlf detector.  Actually most of the area has already been grided with the vlf detectors. So it was time to see what the Coiltek coils could find. I already have been running the Coiltek mono elite 14" since last spring with great success. but now I have the 18" mono elite to add some more to the 5000 arsenal  I tried the new 18" first today. It was a particularly bad emi day to start. so I ran the 5000 in finegold mode with some minor adjustments. Despite the emi, The 18" did a good job finding deeper targets. Managed to find 3 pieces of yellow with it. It gets amazing depth and once the emi settled down it ran very smooth in sens xtra. For a big coil it handles the mineralization very well. the smallest that I found was .3 gram. which seems to be on target with some results from Oz. It is only 10 grams heavier then the 14" mono elite. But you cant even notice. it is well balanced and is not nose heavy. And this is without a harness and running a gold screamer in the side pouch of box cover. All in all a great coil for sheer depth on smaller and bigger targets. Next was the 14" mono elite to see what it could get in the same grid. it is very good at finding tiny targets deep. I ran it in sens xtra with some tweaking. I managed to pull up 3 more with it. The smallest was .1 gram. the 14" is amazing aswell on how deep that it finds small targets. Both coils together brought in 1.5 dwt for the trip. I have tried other coils on the 5000 from Coiltek blitz coils to nuggetfinder 14" and 16". But it is very easy to see in person that something is going on inside the new Elite series that is making a real difference.  Not just smoke and mirrors. It will interesting to revisit some patches from the past that produced muti ounces, to see what the new 18" elite can dig up. I will be heading to them soon. 

Good luck and Happy easter

I did a couple videos that I will post aswell. Only bad thing was I didnt bring my speaker with me. Only had the phones. So you cant really hear the detecting. Just faintly from my headphones.  

20160326_191934.jpg

20160326_192349.jpg

20160326_153248.jpg

• Like 5

• 10 months later...

No I usually run a 14" and ive tried a 16" nuggetfinder. this 18" elite is the first 18" I ran. as soon as the creeks and rivers go down I can get to some deep areas that I want to try with the 18". Right now I only have shallow bedrock areas accessible.  So it wouldnt do much good there.