New Makro Racer 2+ (plus)

Hello everyone. Just joined

Firstly, can I just say a big thankyou to steve and all other contributors on here. Good site. REALLY GOOD SITE!

Was thinking.

1- What if Makro was to build a 19khz version of the RACER 2?        Call it a MAKRO RACER 2+ (PLUS). (using existing FORS GOLD+ tech and coils etc.)

After all, is 19khz not the defacto, holy grail, all round gold prospecting frequency?

Maybe make it waterproof too. Based on the online reviews of the 19khz FORS GOLD + (excellent machine), would this not be an even better machine in the Makro packaging???

2- Also maybe build a waterproof, 19khz, retro/analog version too, similar to what the AU GOLD FINDER is to the GOLD RACER at 56khz

At the speed MAKRO/NOKTA do things, these could be available in months! The platforms and tech is already there in the basic RACER 2 & FORS GOLD+

thanks

BIG JIM

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum Jim!

and I want one at 56 kHz - Gold Racer 2 running at Gold Racer frequency. I am pretty sure Nokta/Makro posted they were giving the flavor of the month treatment a break for now however. Too many new machine too quickly was actually getting to be a bit much for people (not me, bring them on). Best bet for them now is to get that Impact model out the door.

• Like 1

Nothing that would make for a better nugget detector. The Racer 2 extra control over tones and notching combined with the 56 kHz hots of the Gold Racer would make for a near perfect jewelry detector. I like my Racer 2 a lot but if I had to keep just one it would be the Gold Racer.

Thanks for the initial input guys.

I am firstly considering a GOLD RACER purchase (high freq vlf). To complement this I want/need a second machine, and maybe down the line, an ATX, or GPX 5000 (Father/son outfit). Common sense would point towards a good mid frequency, vlf machine. Until recently, decent options I had were obviously, GOLD BUG PRO/F19/G2, AT GOLD, XTERRA 705 at 19khz.

Then along came the FORS GOLD Plus. Currently the best 19khz prospecting capable machine??? (but not so good platform)

And now with the new generation higher tech models, e.g. RACER 2 and MX SPORT (14/15 khz)  reported to be prospecting capable, I would have thought they would/could be better again at 19khz.

What do you think steve? How much better would they be at 19khz? A little/A lot?  Are we splitting hairs with 14 vs 19khz / on a RACER 2. I assume we can forget about beach mode at 19khz. Any other downsides?

Maybe a switchable frequency machine. Surely wouldn't be that hard to do?

thanks

jim

You have to decide what your primary purpose is in getting a machine, and look at machines that exist. If I had to get just one detector for VLF gold prospecting it would be a 19 kHz model. The FORS Gold+ is a very attractive option in that category.

I think I am done with simple single frequency machines personally. Instead of having a 3-8 kHz machine for coin detecting and a 13-19 kHz machine for general detecting and a 30 kHz plus machine for low conductor hots I want one machine that does all three. Right now only option is Eureka Gold but too heavy and lacking too many features.

• Like 1

hello steve

the Eureka seems to be in the "jack of all trades-master of none" category.

An old machine stood still too long? Is it a technology issue with this machine that could now be improved with a blank sheet of paper, modern digital componentry and software, or a simple case of "should have done better", on behalf of MINELAB at the time. I think you mentioned before it was maybe optimized at 1 freq, or had a certain "sweet spot"

I believe the xp deus is due to have 4 frequencies between 10 & 40. So it can be done then?

Do you know any more news about the MAKRO IMPACT then? Frequencies? Release date?

thankou

jim

Impact release this year. Three frequencies, not all at once, choose which to use. Exact frequency choice unknown.

Deus V4 release this year. Four frequencies, not all at once, choose which to use. 10, 20, 30 and 40 kHz on top of alternate existing 4, 8, 12, 18 kHz scheme. Each setup requires different coils.

DIRECT QUESTION TO DILEK (MAKRO/NOKTA)

Hello Dilek

Just enquiring if your company has any plans to release a 19khz version of the RACER 2, or perhaps a 19khz analog version with knobs and switches (similar to AU GOLD FINDER). Think they would be great machines, and the housings, platforms, and technology you already have!

Just asking, as the GOLD FINDER and the 19khz FORS GOLD+ came out all of a sudden with no pre announcments.

Any latest news on the MAKRO IMPACT? Release date?

Any plans in place for a good PI machine?

Great detectors by the way!

thanks for your time

jim

10 hours ago, JAMES MC LERNON said:

After all, is 19khz not the defacto, holy grail, all round gold prospecting frequency?

Maybe make it waterproof too. Based on the online reviews of the 19khz FORS GOLD + (excellent machine), would this not be an even better machine in the Makro packaging???

No one mentioned the Fors Relic at 19Khz. Looks to have a lot of the Racer features. Only problem is it has six modes but none are a prospecting mode.  Does have a beach mode but not sure how that would correlated to mineralized soil?