New Makro Racer 2+ (plus)

The FORS Relic does have a prospecting mode, the same as the FORS Gold. Nokta does not use that label for their all metal mode. As far as prospecting goes it depends on how much value you place in the iSAT control on the FORS Gold Plus, which is lacking on the Relic.

I would also like to see a racer 2 plus at 56khz. with the features it would be a nice detector. As far as isat, it has been a game changer for going thru alot of hot ground that I had trouble with past detectors in all metal that just kept having threshold blanking. the places that I find gold there now is probably the places that past detectors blanked out. 

12 hours ago, californiagold said:

I would also like to see a racer 2 plus at 56khz. with the features it would be a nice detector. As far as isat, it has been a game changer for going thru alot of hot ground that I had trouble with past detectors in all metal that just kept having threshold blanking. the places that I find gold there now is probably the places that past detectors blanked out. 

Steve and Californiagold,

Thanks for the info on the Fors Relic.  In my search for the most Ideal Vlf all around machine under a 1000 $ to supplement my GPX 5000, I thought maybe the Fors Relic could be it working at 19khz and I needed it's beach mode.  However, the lack of the ISAT feature looks as if it could pose a problem in hot ground.  So now thinking maybe the Racer 2 would be a better choice at this time?  The lower freq wouldn't be the ideal for Gold but it has the isat and beach mode, and features to keep me from having to dig all the iron trash.   

I guess maybe I'm looking for the same machine as Big Jim. Maybe a lot of us are. The Racer 2 Gold or Racer 2++ or whatever.  It would be a 19 khz machine with all the bells and whistles of the Racer 2 and since I'm dreaming, also be waterproof!   Maybe the rumored Impact would fill that need or most of it if it has several frequencies to choose from?    

I have the Racer 2 and Gold Racer and when I hit the hills with my GPZ 7000 the Racer 2 stays home and the Gold Racer goes. My second choice in the N/M lineup for prospecting is the FORS Gold Plus. If I wanted it to also do coins, beaches, etc. I would be very tempted now by the FORS Relic but would probably go Racer 2 again even though the Relic at 19 kHz has an edge. I like the options and screen/menu control setup on the Racer 2 better.

Those are simply my choices based on my personal use filters. You have to think about your uses and preferences and at end of day pull the trigger. They can all find gold. Too many great options does make it difficult, and intangibles like on arm feel and audio can only be revealed by actually using a detector. They can look great on paper and still not feel or sound right when you get them.

• Like 2

When it all gets down to finding the best detector for each individual,  it still makes little difference when it comes to success whether your looking for gold or treasure. I think most think that the latest and greatest detector is going to find them what they are looking for.  But the location is what gets you the finds. I would spend $1,000 on research material to get me some locations before I bought another detector, if thats what it takes. Fortunately for me I have never had to do that. All the current gold and treasure finders know about getting good locations and they continue to be successful.  Some with old school detectors. everywhere I walk there is old diggings everywhere, if you know what your looking at. the old timers flipped over almost every square inch of ground in gold bearing  areas. I couldnt detect all of it in my lifetime. a person just needs to find these spots and thru trial and error they can get some consistency and success. personally I think of all people that have ever bought a gold detector, it is probably less then 10 percent ever find any gold. the other 90 percent sell them or put them in the closet. Finding gold or treasure is not a rocket science and not that difficult. you dont even need to be a Steve herschbach or a californiagold to be successful.  Just get some research done and get out and walk around and look at the land to see what doesnt look natural and youll probably find some old diggings that will nail down an area to  start. Then those new high tech detectors with new features can really come in handy. especially if the features help you get thru the ground better then the last guy. but like Steve said let them continue to build new detectors with new features and maybe eventually they will have all the different detectors for everybodys favorite flavor. so dont stop now manufactors, keep them coming

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

If I wanted it to also do coins, beaches, etc. I would be very tempted now by the FORS Relic but would probably go Racer 2 again even though the Relic at 19 kHz has an edge. I like the options and screen/menu control setup on the Racer 2 better.

Steve,

That's what I'm thinking to do also and your opinion reinforces that thought.  I like the 19khz freq of the Fors Relic but feel like I need the Isat option which as you say is lacking in the Relic.  I also like the screen menu set-up in front of me of the Racer rather than on the side like the Fors.  I may hold off a bit longer to decide and see what else might appear that could sway me but the Racer 2 is looking pretty good for the money and it's all around performance.   If the Fors Relic had the ISat feature or the Fors gold had the Beach Mode I would probably choose one of them instead.  

Californiagold,

Totally agree and hope they keep new detectors coming also.  

Roughwater; if we lived closer, I would let you take my R2 out to try it out and see if it is the one for you. I will be testing it out on gold here next trip or two, so I will post my findings. Steve provably tried it out on gold already. I expect it to perform similar to the fors plus. It may not find the tiny gold as well as gold racer, but it will probably do good on gold just alittle bigger with theshold mode and maybe some isat if needed.

Hello lads, great input.

"I would be very tempted now by the FORS Relic but would probably go Racer 2 again even though the Relic at 19 kHz has an edge."

So regards the 19khz having an edge, how measurable/quantifiable would this "edge" actually be (depth & nugget size) in the real world.

Take this scenario as an example:- If 2 of us were covering the same ground, one behind the other, 1 operator with a 56khz GOLD RACER for small stuff, and the other operator with a 14khz RACER 2 OR a 19khz FORS GOLD+,  which would be the ideal combination for the best "clean up" ability. What could the 19khz do/find that the 14khz couldn't? (or visa versa)

thanks

jim

2 hours ago, californiagold said:

Roughwater; if we lived closer, I would let you take my R2 out to try it out and see if it is the one for you. I will be testing it out on gold here next trip or two, so I will post my findings.

Californiagold,

If I lived somewhat less than 2000 miles from you (assuming you live in California) I would definitely take you up on that offer! Appreciate you offering to post your findings.  I'll be looking for them soon.  

Best Regards,

Terry 

On 02.04.2016 at 9:27 PM, JAMES MC LERNON said:

DIRECT QUESTION TO DILEK (MAKRO/NOKTA)

Hello Dilek

Just enquiring if your company has any plans to release a 19khz version of the RACER 2, or perhaps a 19khz analog version with knobs and switches (similar to AU GOLD FINDER). Think they would be great machines, and the housings, platforms, and technology you already have!

Just asking, as the GOLD FINDER and the 19khz FORS GOLD+ came out all of a sudden with no pre announcments.

Any latest news on the MAKRO IMPACT? Release date?

Any plans in place for a good PI machine?

Great detectors by the way!

thanks for your time

jim

Hello... currently, we do not have those products in our product roadmap but we could if there was enough demand.

We would like to make all customers happy but we do not want to overdo it and confuse people either. 

Nokta Impact is still in development. We will definitely release it this year. 

And yes, we are working on a PI machine but will not be launched anytime soon.

Thank you!

• Like 1