New Makro Racer 2+ (plus)

John,

I was a little confused too. Guess it depends on what you want to do with your machine.  If for Relic and beach hunting looks like the relic would be great.  If for gold, the Relic doesn't have the the ISAT feature so may not like hot ground.  

Based on 2 different posts by Nokta it definitely looks like the Impact will be released this year and will have 3 Frequencies, 4, 14 and 21Khz and that it won't be waterproof.  

But we don't know what it's intended use will be for?  Hopefully it can be used for coin, beach and prospecting but unless we get more leaks we won't know till it's out.  Like Steve said though it's not Dec 31'st yet so still could be a while.  I need a detector by June so may hold off a bit and see.  

Terry

I'm not worried about using it for skinny Dippin  :biggrin: the sea over here is cold enough to freeze a Ducks Quack,

I want to replace my GMT and my MXT Due to the fact some of the coils are missing from their list of coils so I guess the writing is on the wall about those 2 machines and they won't update the MXT and I don't want that other thing, I wouldn't P*$$ on that if it was on fire, so I might as well buy a brand that's going to be around for a while.

John

4 hours ago, Nokta Detectors said:

Hello... currently, we do not have those products in our product roadmap but we could if there was enough demand.

We would like to make all customers happy but we do not want to overdo it and confuse people either. 

Nokta Impact is still in development. We will definitely release it this year. 

And yes, we are working on a PI machine but will not be launched anytime soon.

Thank you!

Dilek, did you have a think about that matt screen for the Racers etc or have you had a chance to discuss it with anyone at all.

Thanks Mate,, John

yeah that would work, I have not had a good success rate with my Tablet or my galaxy note, I guess the more I do it the better I will get,

I have been watching Nenad using his Gold Racer and it is a fantastic machine, He found a Tiny slither of gold in a piece of clay and the smooth bell like tone is a pleasure to listen to.

john

Every nugget machine made with the exception of the GMT/MXT has not had an SAT control and somehow they all work. The original FORS Gold does not have that control. The focus on the FORS Relic lacking the iSAT control is getting far too much weight in my opinion. Is it nice to have? Yes. Is it a requirement for finding gold? No.

Yes it does smooth out the threshold in hot ground, In fact even in mild ground it has to be set right, no where near as high but in low ground it still needs to be between 2 to 3 sometimes 4, I can't wait to hear that bell like signal and get my paws on that GB and them BIG Numbers, these eyes are not like they use to be,

It never surprizes me how many people don't know how to set up the SAT on those machines. And the worse thing about SAT is it robs the machine of Depth almost as much as turning the Gain down and the raspy noise can get a bit much after a while 

16 hours ago, JAMES MC LERNON said:

Hello lads, great input.

"I would be very tempted now by the FORS Relic but would probably go Racer 2 again even though the Relic at 19 kHz has an edge."

So regards the 19khz having an edge, how measurable/quantifiable would this "edge" actually be (depth & nugget size) in the real world.

Take this scenario as an example:- If 2 of us were covering the same ground, one behind the other, 1 operator with a 56khz GOLD RACER for small stuff, and the other operator with a 14khz RACER 2 OR a 19khz FORS GOLD+,  which would be the ideal combination for the best "clean up" ability. What could the 19khz do/find that the 14khz couldn't? (or visa versa)

thanks

jim

Well, if two of us were to do that long enough we might be able to answer that question for one exact set of circumstances. It all depends on the ground mineralization plus the exact size, shape, purity, and depth of the gold.

For instance my Gold Racer can find tiny shallow nuggets better. But the lower frequency units might have a small edge for depth on larger nuggets. Tell me the exact number and weight of all the tiny nuggets you are going to find with the Gold Racer vs the smaller number of deeper but larger nuggets one of the other machines might find. If all the area holds is tiny gold you may be better off with the GR. But it takes a lot of tiny nuggets to make up for a larger nugget or two. Since every location is different, and every machine involves trade offs, there simply is not a direct answer to the question. The answer is "it depends".

If one VLF did it all and did it well everyone would have one and your choice would be clear. It is up to to to quantify your own needs exactly and good luck with that. None of us really even knows what is in the ground we hunt and we can't know what we are missing because we are not finding it. The guys doing good just get on good ground and hunt a lot with machines they know well.

• Like 2

If a person was unsure about what is there then it might be worth trying 2 or 3 machines maybe more, I do the same with coils, So I guess its worth using the 56 first and then the 14 and if the ground is fairly hot then swapping over to a PI or better, As time consuming as it is it boils done to how bad you want the gold. Those who don't give up will be rewarded and the more kit you have at your disposal the better your chances.