Future Makro Products & Nokta Impact Sneak Peek

Check out the Makro Facebook page (you don't have to join) to see a great video of Dilek discussing future Makro products and engineer Alpers talking about the Racer models. They are working on waterproof models, true multi frequency and more. Also on the page a photo of their detectors at a rally with what I am guessing is the latest Nokta Impact prototype. Currently slated to be three selectable frequencies, 4, 14, and 21 kHz (subject to change) for release by end of year.

https://m.facebook.com/makrodetector/

image.jpeg

• Like 4

Looks like maybe a new small elliptical coil on the very end next to the Impact.   I like it!

• Like 1

Would be cool if they did that with the Gold Racer say 71, 56, 14 KHz. Of course completely waterproof,  wireless and standard headphone plug.  With 4 coil sizes from shooter to large at launch date. Selectable and combined frequencies modes. Am I asking for to much?

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to the release of the Impact.

I really like their business model, which is listening to the customer and developing a machine based on those needs.  I can only imagine how great of a PI machine they may/will develop in the coming years.

• Like 1

Forgot one more on the wish list and it is an important one. Breaks down to backpacking size and light weight.

• Like 2

Love the ergonomics on that straight shaft. Three freq, beaut coil range and black coils. 

This is their Flagship for sure. They earnt it.

9 minutes ago, argyle said:

Love the ergonomics on that straight shaft. Three freq, beaut coil range and black coils. 

This is their Flagship for sure. They earnt it.

If in the hot sun don't white coils have an advantage over black coils?

If there is any way to add in a 4th ~50khz frequency, or at least something 30+khz this thing could be the only VLF I'd need to own (in theory). It'd do everything from yards to hard rock prospecting. Not sure how all the coil harmonics and whatever else limits multi frequencies, but something to consider potentially?

I know they aren't marketing this one towards prospectors but its good to see the smaller shooter coils too from a prospecting perspective too.

Also purists may laugh, but I've always wanted notch discrim on a prospecting VLF, if that's what they mean by "notch filter". Actually it's the #1 thing I want if I were to buy a new detector, lots of places I detect the majority of gold registers in a very small VDI window, or multiple small windows anyways and I don't care if I miss the rest if it means saving weeks not digging trash that doesn't pay at all, it's all about maximizing production versus time for me so I've always wondered why no manufacturer has included notch discrim in a prospecting machine...

• Like 4

3 hours ago, FishBamboo said:

If in the hot sun don't white coils have an advantage over black coils?

In some manufacturers theory, regarding heat build up somehow affecting performance in a minute way.

But I simply don't buy into it.

There would have to be a way the electronic boys measured the difference by the use of some sort of a special heatabsorbshonthingamagiggy I guess Bamboo.

But I've never noticed the difference on a 48 degree day, on either performance or even the touch of heat difference between a white and black coil.

I only dislike white coils due to glare from sun or torch.

And the way they cream-up in a dirty looking way after they age a bit, that's all.

• Like 1