Future Makro Products & Nokta Impact Sneak Peek

Oh I gotta get me one of these,, The perfect Detector..

I'm thinking 5khz for silver and 14/19 for general and 56khz,, But I would love it even if it just had 14khz  But Dreams are free and I know They will give it some of the Makro/Nokta Magic so I am a happy camper.

john

Jasong, the detector you are describing should be a reality sometime in 2016. It is the Deus w/v4 update and 6x9 coil. Multi-frequencies of 10,20,30, and 40. Multi-notch windows w/ assignable tones. Ground Balance notch. Updated Goldfields program. Weighs 2.2 Lbs.This detector will have everything you are asking for. In its present form it may still work well for you in 18khz. It's down-fall is coil selection. Currently the smallest coil available is a 9" round.

• Like 5

Interesting thanks Goldbrick. I haven't been too up on the latest VLF models, didn't know that about the Deus, going to do some research on it tonight!

What we may be looking at here is a detector with a traditional design and inexpensive wired coils to challenge the Deus. Most people would give the Deus the nod for an edge on super fast recovery time but most would also agree the Nokta/Makro units are very close. Combine the Racer speed with selectable 4, 14, and 21 kHz versus Deus current standard of 4, 8, 12, and 18 kHz and it could be very interesting. I am betting the Impact also has the wireless headphone option - pretty obvious from prototype photos. If the Impact comes in at a price substantially under the Deus with a wide selection of affordable accessory coils, it could be the first real challenge to XP we have seen.

Why are the U.S. Manufacturers sitting this one out? The F19 and AT Pro are very good competitive offerings at relative bargain prices for sure. Minelab at least has the X-Terra, but where are the First Texas and Garrett selectable frequency machines? I think we can pretty much ignore the V3i in this category - you don't see them taking Europe by storm. But White's clearly has the technology if they would apply it.

• Like 1

It's funny you should mention the Deus and the CTX in the same sentence because my local dealer traded 2 CTXs for 2 new Deus's, It seems that a lot of people want that fast recovery and the CTX still has an amazing resale value at $1700.00,

With the recovery of the Nokta/Makro machines they are a cheaper option for those who don't have the money for high dollar machine.

I need to speak to Dilek about dealerships etc because I was asked about one of their policies.

john