Hermit Picks

On April 8, 2016 at 10:18 AM, jasong said:

Interesting thanks Goldbrick. I haven't been too up on the latest VLF models, didn't know that about the Deus, going to do some research on it tonight!

My Prospecting Videos

Appreciate you attaching the Video's.  Really good video and nice gold.  I also like the tools you use.  I have a couple short handled pics but like that long handled one you used, would save me bending over as much and you can get 2 hands on it.  What brand/model is that if you don't mind?  

Thanks,

Terry 

Thanks, it's a Hermit Pick, Roughwater. I think it's a 34" handle but I can't remember exactly, I've broken and made a couple new ones since I bought it originally with a shorter handle and I like the long handle much better.

I think more people ask about the pick I'm using than the gold I find.  :laugh:

Not sure where you are located but they are pretty common in Arizona, quite a few shops stock them (or used to at least?).

You can also order some from Bill Southern at nuggetshooter.com...

I have the medium handle that works very well most of the time. It is also small enough I can carry it in my loop by my side. I also have the big one that i cut the handle a bit...I wish I had left it long except that I don't like carrying a pick on my poor tired shoulders...crycrycry. It will  flat out move the dirt!

fred

003 (4).JPG

• Like 1