GPZ 19 Accessory Coil - Coming Soon!

it will be interesting to see Minelab's pricing strategy on this new coil in light of the recent significant price drop within only one year of release of the flagship GPZ.  For me the drop in price was a bitter pill, the GPZ is a love hate relationship, but the love runs deep and the hate quickly forgotten... the drop in value an unwanted intruder... extra baggage introduced into a somewhat difficult and at times a strained relationship. There was some rumor of a discount in the price of the new coil for those that paid full initial price on the GPZ, hope this had some substance to it, would be a little sugar after the bad taste left by the quick drop in the value of my detector.

30% deeper than 40%... the earth is golden everywhere and i'm feeling light headed, the grey is creeping in and all resistance is fading. Darkness all around except for the faint glow of sunlight shimmering in the distance from far above. Muscles burn and tendons strain to the call to go deeper as stinging sweat mixed with earth and organic debris rain back down from above the rim of my hole.

and then in front of me, a beacon... blindingly bright in the dim light creeping towards my direction is the shine from Steve's headlamp as he cleans the last nugget from from the patch we were all feverishly digging towards from different directions, if i'd only bought that coil one day sooner?

• Like 2

yep, could have been lunk, lucky, californiagold... or any of the other skilled users on this forum of which I don't yet consider myself part, that will take much more time in the saddle. Still a guy can dream and while I don't really want the big coil and like using the 14 just fine, if this larger coil runs significantly quieter while covering more ground interesting things may be revealed, hope it can pinpoint as well.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, 1515Art said:

There was some rumor of a discount in the price of the new coil for those that paid full initial price on the GPZ, hope this had some substance to it, would be a little sugar after the bad taste left by the quick drop in the value of my detector.

Hi 1515Art

Just got reconfirmed again from my detector shop in oz yesterday that their will be a discount on the bigger coil to anyone who purchased the 7000 at the old top price. Hope it comes true

Bit worried about what the actual 19 inch is going cost because to buy the 14 inch that's on the machine now is $1200 aus.

My estimated cost would be round $1500- $1800. Don't forget the cost it will have on your body physically, if its heavier

Cheers   ozgold

• Like 1

I hope someone tests this against an 18" Elite and puts it on vid. I'd do it but I sold my 7.

Be interesting to see if its a bit less sensitive to the salt or if it's more sensitive. That was the biggest weak point on this machine IMO. Larger coils are always less sensitive to hot ground and hot rocks, but I don't know if that applies to salt/conductivity the same way.

5 hours ago, jasong said:

I hope someone tests this against an 18" Elite and puts it on vid. I'd do it but I sold my 7.

Be interesting to see if its a bit less sensitive to the salt or if it's more sensitive. That was the biggest weak point on this machine IMO. Larger coils are always less sensitive to hot ground and hot rocks, but I don't know if that applies to salt/conductivity the same way.

Yeah it'd be very interesting to see if go up against not only the 18 Elite, but also 22" Coiltek Goldstalker, and 20" and 25" Nuggetfinder advantage coils. 

Re the Salt question, on the SD's and GP's smaller mono's were always better on salt. Conductive ground is like seeing one big target, so going to a smaller coil you are seeing a smaller chunk of it. 

53 minutes ago, PhaseTech said:

Yeah it'd be very interesting to see if go up against not only the 18 Elite, but also 22" Coiltek Goldstalker, and 20" and 25" Nuggetfinder advantage coils.

Yep would be an interesting test alright as I reckon even my 25" mono would give the GPZ 19 inch'er a run for its money.

I can see two possible advantages of the 19" Super D compared to a 18" + monoloop on a GPX

1. Better EMI immunity. I'd use bigger mono's a lot more regularly in my local fields if they didn't pick up so much EMI. The biggest coil I could use in the past has been the 16" Advantage, but the 15" Evo seems to be handling EMI very nicely - not sure why? Maybe a spiral coil thing. 

2. Retaining more sensitivity, or to put it another way, a reduced loss of Sensitivity. Partly due to the technology, but also partly due to the fact that the Transmit field in the Super D is still an elliptical or sorts. Will it punch to 3ft on a 2oz lump and still ping 1/2 grammers?? 

I guess we'll have to wait just a bit longer to find out.

• Like 1