The Holy Grail Of Park Hunting ?

15 hours ago, auminesweeper said:

Sorry mate for the late Answer, Are you talking about the Tesoro Golden Sabre ??

If so here's a bit of a report on it, Over here the Tejon  was one of the more popular models but the Silver uMax all be it a simple machines had some sneaking little tricks up it's sleeve, I saw a guy do something that I would not have believed if I had not seen it,

But anyway here's a bit on The Tesoro Golden Sabre,,,, John

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?17,1007456

"Did Trident have a unit corresponding to the Golden... Rick/John?"

Sorry John ...I meant did Tesoro sell a GOLDEN uMax version in the LASER line up years ago. Not Trident as I asked mistakenly.

The Trident being a Cibola/Vaquero later in two versions.

Have developed a technique that seems to work well with the Deus in parks, carry the remote and screwdriver in left hand, being fairly tone deaf just go by IDs on the remote. Without the remote on the stem it is much quicker. Use no discrimination and run in 4Kz, with pinpointer & screwdriver there is no damage to surface. 4Kz is not so sensitive to foil, of course am only recovering the shallow signals but is very productive and quick. Next will mount remote on a wristband, with remote facing inside of arm. Amazing the amount of modern coinage that is dropped by park users.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, tvanwho said:

sounds like the same thing by implication

Hi Tom,

Micro gold is just that - really small gold, and typically when discussing micro gold we would specifically be referring to gold that can only be seen with a microscope.

Micro jewelry is considerable larger than micro gold, and it is not always gold. Micro jewelry is best represented by the women single post earring but thin chains, small pendants and any other really small jewelry qualify. It may be gold, silver, platinum, copper, or junk metals.

So no, micro gold and micro jewelry are not the same thing at all.

Yes Rick,I've noticed the guys in Australia have al u min eum cans vs our US made aluminum cans....even tho they sure do look the same....people can be so funny at times, or is it quirky, amongst gold hunters and gold terminology? I am tryin to be less nitpicky at this point in life....

• Like 1

I have always been a fan of the Golden MicroMax but it is still just a  beep dig detector with your finger's crossed that this 'beep' is the golden beep.

The new - toned golden was my favorite but Tesoro tossed that one.  I've got a Golden Sabre II that I have slightly modified by adding pots for ground balancing and notch width that works better than the Golden uMax.   I can select Notch Accept, set my notch width for the gold range I'm looking for and beep dig just as well.

HH
Mike