Micro Jewelry Hunting Detector Advice

22 minutes ago, Danny said:

ome very nice silver and gold earring with quarter carrot diamonds and a Indian rose gold and gold pendant . Regards

Nice Job Danny.  I found it difficult to use a Minelab GP on the beaches I hunt due to all the iron and other trash.  

thanks roughwater, your right you end up digging the whole beach with the sdc 2300, i don't think it's designed for the beach but does a great job , you won't miss much. For discrimination I use an older sovereign gt , gets good results aswell. Some members have reccomeded the whites mxt as an all rounder or a f19 , but for beach conditions a garrett at pro looks a likely performer combined with a GPX 4500 or 5000 for inland terrain . I sold my sdc 2300 regrettably and just have the sovereign Gt. so like SLGuin, I'm on the hunt for a beach alrounder and perhaps a GPX or whites for prospecting 

4 minutes ago, Danny said:

thanks roughwater, your right you end up digging the whole beach with the sdc 2300, i don't think it's designed for the beach but does a great job , you won't miss much. For discrimination I use an older sovereign gt , gets good results aswell. Some members have reccomeded the whites mxt as an all rounder or a f19 , but for beach conditions a garrett at pro looks a likely performer combined with a GPX 4500 or 5000 for inland terrain . I sold my sdc 2300 regrettably and just have the sovereign Gt. so like SLGuin, I'm on the hunt for a beach alrounder and perhaps a GPX or whites for prospecting 

Danny your Sovereign GT with the Coiltek 15" WOT coil is one of the best combinations for the Beach there is, with that coil nothing much will match it,

john

hi john I have ordered a nel 15" attack coil , will see how that goes in the swash , I've heard good reviews about the nel series of coils .