One Detector For All Things

We have been having a lot of rain and was a busier than usual weekend as well but got out for a few minutes to play with the Eureka Gold.  I did some quick air tests today with it using a silver quarter, a Indian Head penny and a tiny copper small rifle primer that had been fired and popped out of a bullet case (I reload).  I just used the built in speaker on the detector and ran sensitivity maxed and volume set pretty high.  I ordered the 8" round and 15" round coils but right now I only have the 5X10 DD.  All coils for this machine are DD for whatever reason.  I don't know that the air depth means much but it was a place to start.  I was getting as much depth on the indian head penny as the silver quarter at about 11" or so in boost mode. I could hear the little primer at about 5-6" depending on the frequency setting.  It seemed for the most part to get about 1" extra depth over all in boost but I think I will see less difference in boost once I get my audio amp set up on headphones.    Using the 5X10 coil there wasn't a drastic difference in depth between the 3 different Freqs (6.4, 20 and 60 Khz. It detected smaller items better with the 60 and 20 freq than with the 6.4 khz but larger items got slightly better depth with the 6.4 but not by much.   I was near power lines (7000 V) and there did seemed to be a slight crackling in the thresh hold but nothing I couldn't live with.  All my tests were done less than 50ft from those high power lines with minimal effect.  I was told this machine doesn't fare well with air tests so I wasn't expecting much depth but it did better than I expected so I'm pleased so far and interested to see how it does later.  When the other coils arrive I'll test it again and better record my findings.    

Terry    

• Like 1

They don't do too bad do they, I have often wondered how well they would against the Musketeer Advantage because the Eureka Gold has a disc control on it if I remember correctly, I would not put it up against the GT because that Iron mask has a mind of it's own.

john

Like I said so much for the title of this thread.  I just did a deal for my 3rd detector.  A used CTX-3030.  I'm getting a great deal thanks to Mr SLGuin.  He will get his micro Jewelry detectors in exchange.  I've stretched my budget but I feel like I have 3 great detectors all of which I got at a great price so I am happy and glad I came to this website as it's provided me so much knowledge and I've made a couple friends in the process as well.  

Terry 

• Like 2

N/A