The Super Hot VLF For Jewelry, Any Bargains?

The Only problem I see with Nokta/Makro is if there is a problem there are no service centres and if you have a problem then it has to be returned either to them unless they just give you a new one, Hell I don't want to pay the freight all the way back to Turkey, I only found this out because I asked my local dealer and they said they won't touch them because there are no service centres.

john

Now that would be a big problem. I really like buying from my local dealer too. Possibly that will change in time. But then we essentially have only Whites and Fisher as choices. Still keeping and eye on the used ones, and may even go for one of those old GoldMaster II or V/Sat as Steve recommended earlier. Be cheaper and would at least be enough to see what I am getting myself into.

9 minutes ago, auminesweeper said:

I think that in the US you would have to send it directly to the importers, But I have been waiting for Dilek to log in so I can ask her, But that is what my Detector shop told me, So we need to ask and get some answers from Nokta.Makro them selves.

john

An excellent idea John. Thanks so much for checking up on this.

The Compadre at $160 will find super tiny non ferrous targets your pinpointer has a hard time finding or even not at all.  It hits thin gold chains no problem.  I recently sold my waterproof Compadre to help pay for the new water machine just released. That was a mistake..................................................................................................................................................................................

weasel2.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, khouse said:

The Compadre at $160 will find super tiny non ferrous targets your pinpointer has a hard time finding or even not at all.  It hits thin gold chains no problem.  I recently sold my waterproof Compadre to help pay for the new water machine just released. That was a mistake.

I think you are quite right, I also have a Compadre and find this to be so. I will keep that thing forever. This is now taking it to the next level though. Even the Compadre has limits that these machines go beyond. Whether it is enough beyond to be worth it or not is an open question I intend to find the answer to,

My pick for Micro-jewelry hunting believe it or not would be the Fisher 1270.  It operates at 8.2Khz but is extremely hot on earring studs and BB's.  The sensitivity and volume controls can be adjusted to run hot and stable. The big thing for me is that tiny foil bits sound ratty yet post type earrings give solid hits.  Even the backs to the earrings come in solid.  No more chasing and digging the tiny foil is a huge time saver.  The only drawback to the 1270 it the weight and balance.  I solved that by removing the head unit and putting it in a pouch. 

The way I see it is that foil flakes are irregular in shape and have little mass and while the 1270 responds to them the audio signal is that broken ratty sound.  Downside is you might miss the smallest of the gold chains depending on the size and type of clasp in use.

Tom

• Like 1

For micro jewelry I have a a Bandido micromax 12hz. The first one not the 2nd one every raves about. I can disc out foil and still get a bic pen to respond out to a respectable distance. That with the ablity to get close to playground structures that my other higher performance machines can't match make it a tot lot killer!

I thought of suggesting the original Gold Bug as they are real cheap now, but in a review of it, someone stated that it didn't have the gain of the GB2 so was not as good at detecting the tiny stuff nor had the detecting depth of the GB2.  It not being quite as hot might be good for some purposes but not so much what you need it for I suspect.  

Terry

The Gold Racer with the new 7.5x4" DD coil would have to be the best fine jewellery machine in existence. In the Disc modes in a park situation, it just behaves surprisingly well, no different to running a 15kHz machine, except for how hard it hits on small low conductors. 

• Like 4