How Deep To Dig?

I don't think this one had been in circulation long before it was lost because it has no ware and no scratches on it, In all the years I have had it I have never cleaned it apart from running it under the tap I never brushed it or wiped it because I did not want to scratch it, But it is impeccable.

I am an Aussie living in the UK,

john

2 hours ago, gambler said:

thanks, now I know what mosquito farts sound like!:laugh: you did a good job on the video though, I could follow along easier than when I'm using my detector. am I right that the display on the left shows where under the coil the target is? if so , major cool. I do like the pinpointer sound too. 

and the more annoying the little bugger the better... there are ways to craft the tones to something more pleasant but that is for another lesson in the book. their are so many little things you can do with this Deus, yet I'm finding that the menus are very intuitive so I'm having fun learning the new things it has to offer. being such a new user and my first and only vlf was soooo easy to use, all the adjustment for the most part on the Deus are new to me. i have not read about the indicator you mentioned so can't say yet i am going to look tonight.

The Deus is a nice machine to use on trashy sites especially when using the 9'' coil,i use a modified either Deus Fast or GMP based prog,once saved in memory its basically used then as a audio only machine,although i carry the controller with me in my pocket but not used it on the shaft for nearly 3 years.Audio is king with this machine as the TID can start getting un-reliable the deeper it gets,but the audio still gives you the perspective on the type of target either say a small shallow one or a deeper large target,its a quality machine for that.

It loves our silver hammered coins so this is a reason i tend to use it on ploughed and rolled sites,for really trashy roman/saxon sites then i tend to use a smaller concentric coil on either my DFX,my new Trident11 Extreme or the the classic old timer the Laser B3 comes out to play with the 7'' Concentric.

If we get into the realms of deep pasture finds and sites like these will usually be home for out really deep quality hammered coins/artifacts then i will bring the heavy VLF hitter out to play the Nexus with dual 9'' coils or the T2 with the BIG Nel 17'' coil on,either of those 2 machines will punch deep and also the discrimination as well,but once a site is clear from using a VLF then the TDI Pro with the big 20' Mono would be used.

Its all down to learning the site that you are detecting and the history and many other things,and of course gut feeling and trying to increase the reward to effort ratio in your favour,i am lucky that i live not all that far one of the greatest roman locations in the UK hence alot of my finds are roman and even celtic,the latter is my main targets ie the celtic gold staters as these are the Holy Grail that i am after.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, RickUK said:

Its all down to learning the site that you are detecting and the history and many other things,and of course gut feeling and trying to increase the reward to effort ratio in your favour,i am lucky that i live not all that far one of the greatest roman locations in the UK hence alot of my finds are roman and even celtic,the latter is my main targets ie the celtic gold staters as these are the Holy Grail that i am after.

That has got to be pretty cool to find a target that somebody lost possibly over a 1000 years ago. 

3 hours ago, Eklawok said:

That has got to be pretty cool to find a target that somebody lost possibly over a 1000 years ago. 

Hey, ya know I have even found a Fake Roman coin made by the Romans that is about1800 +/- years old, 

So it just goes to show even back then you could not trust the Mafia    :biggrin::biggrin:

john

• Like 1

5 hours ago, auminesweeper said:

Hey, ya know I have even found a Fake Roman coin made by the Romans that is about1800 +/- years old, 

So it just goes to show even back then you could not trust the Mafia    :biggrin::biggrin:

john

Geeeze....darn the luck. Get all excited and.....

But with it being a "real" fake, and not a modern one, I'll bet that it a pretty neat piece. Its a good thing that the Romans didn't have pulltabs.

• Like 1