GPX 5000, Deus, AT Pro, Mxt, Eureka Gold, X-terra 705, Best Combo?

yeah was a tough sell , got to learne how to use properly , found some tiny pieces . Will check up on the f19

With the mxt john, does it loose performance with larger coils ? 

19 minutes ago, Danny said:

With the mxt john, does it loose performance with larger coils ? 

No mate it just goes deeper, I have the MXT MAX 15" concentric (Mono Type) Coil and it can see bits down to 0.03 grams or about 0.43 +/- Grains and bits  of about 0.06 grams = about 1.0 grain, It hits them pretty hard for their size,, I know of one person that hit a 1 once Nugget at 18 inches with the MXT and the 12" spider Coil and it can hit coins easily over 14", with a matching coil it won't be too far off the pace of the 5000 in good ground, I cleaned up 167 coins with it in a day and they were from about 5 inches to over a foot deep, Personally I think they are as good as any machine and they never let you go home empty handed,

Hope this helps,,  John.

• Like 1

Must admit i am seriously looking at getting the Whites 15'' Concentric coil as well for my DFX,it will work on that machine but only on 15Khz as i understand it,but for real depth with a VLF machine that crown still belongs to my Nexus with the dual 9'' coil.

But when suggesting a PI machine,my vote would go for the TDI Pro,but as i dont nugget hunt i just want total depth on large artifacts or hoards and the TDI does that with ease,cannot see any advantage of the extra expense of using say a GPX machine.

Also this is just my personal opinion,i certainly would not get in a situation of buying a expensive machine and possibly cause marriage problems if she found out,just not worth the hassle trying to chase the golden rainbow,i still say that for the most part skill of the operator on what ever detector you use is far more important than buying the most expensive detector as a newbie and expecting to become a over night skilled operator.It just does not happen like that i am afraid.

The really skilled prospecting experts on this forum have taken years to learn the knowledge and i take my hat off to them as they make it so esy,but i put my hand up and say although i have been detecting many years i dont have those prospecting skills as we dont have gold fields near London,but i do have a fair knowledge of deep relic/hoard hunting and use the machine that are best suited for my needs.

Of course these are just my personal views and observations.

5 minutes ago, RickUK said:

Must admit i am seriously looking at getting the Whites 15'' Concentric coil as well for my DFX,it will work on that machine but only on 15Khz as i understand it,but for real depth with a VLF machine that crown still belongs to my Nexus with the dual 9'' coil.

But when suggesting a PI machine,my vote would go for the TDI Pro,but as i dont nugget hunt i just want total depth on large artifacts or hoards and the TDI does that with ease,cannot see any advantage of the extra expense of using say a GPX machine.

Also this is just my personal opinion,i certainly would not get in a situation of buying a expensive machine and possibly cause marriage problems if she found out,just not worth the hassle trying to chase the golden rainbow,i still say that for the most part skill of the operator on what ever detector you use is far more important than buying the most expensive detector as a newbie and expecting to become a over night skilled operator.It just does not happen like that i am afraid.

The really skilled prospecting experts on this forum have taken years to learn the knowledge and i take my hat off to them as they make it so esy,but i put my hand up and say although i have been detecting many years i dont have those prospecting skills as we dont have gold fields near London,but i do have a fair knowledge of deep relic/hoard hunting and use the machine that are best suited for my needs.

Of course these are just my personal views and observations.

Actually Rick we were a bit slow there, because if you had said I could have given you the MXT Max Coil to try out, But you would need at leased a 20" DD to match it for Raw Depth,, that combo Smokes my TDI SL in Normal Ground, And it's a lot more sensitive,

john

Thanks for the information fellow prospectors . The marriage is rock-solid thanks rick :) . She has used the sovereign once or twice now and everything is well, and enjoys the excitement of the hunt. Im lucky! We are both novices and that's part of the excitement , learning new things about treasure hunting and prospecting. Anyway John with the whites mxt how's does it go in the swash ? If I need a backup to the sovereign?

Are you talking about the NEL coil ?

I use the Whites coils and the 15" MXT Max coil is a Whites  Own coil, where as the others are DDs ?, On the Beach you would be better off using the 12" or 15" Whites Concentric coils, Because the MXT is a very sensitive machine and they work better using them and Not DD's On the Beach, The MXT works well with DD coils every where else so you should only use DD's if the ground is highly mineralized,

john  

The nel dd is for the sovereign. For an mxt I would use the recommended coils. If the ground is highly mineralised would you recommend changing to a nel dd John or stick with a whites coil?

ads by Amazon...

Yes I would, DD's are best saved for when the ground hots up when using the MXT and when using the Sovereign on the beach use a 15" DD/Nel or Detech coils, They don't make Concentric coils for the Sovereign

In junk filled sites the MXT even using a concentric coil will Always out Hunt the Sovereign GT,  and the E-trac and the Quatro,, and if you take the MXT to places where you have used the GT you will see just how many finds you have walked over, I can show you a few post made by people who have changed from Etracs and Explorers going to MXT and their finds rate has rocketed due the fast Recovery of the MXT, In junk filled sites with the Sovereign even though it has an Iron mask switch even when you turn it off it is still running in the back ground which is why it nulls out when you go over junk but the problem is that by time the threshold returns you have already swept over where targets might have been and you never get to hear them so you end up leaving finds behind,

john 

• Like 1

Thanks again , that is really great advice . May I ask what other detectors you use?

Danny