GPX 5000, Deus, AT Pro, Mxt, Eureka Gold, X-terra 705, Best Combo?

7 minutes ago, Danny said:

Not that I would purchase those machines john , but more dream about the combination and potential finds from such great revised machines , 15k for a gpz , deepseeker combo ...................

Which ones are you referring to the MXT GPXs when you say Not purchasing?

or referring to the GPZ 

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

Yes I heard about kilkoy , the rivers run down from the bunyas I believe ?. It's also just a quick sip up Cunningham hwy from year to areas in Toowoomba , I have friends with property in the area , but not yet prospected . I don't like tolgai and the couple of designated areas. Gympie is close to you there, i heard there was some still worth going for

I am in the UK at present while my son is finishing college here,

The UK would be a fascinating place to relic hunt and coin hunt. The history is so rich , what detector would you use there john. 

Danny

7 hours ago, Danny said:

The UK would be a fascinating place to relic hunt and coin hunt. The history is so rich , what detector would you use there john. 

Danny

Here you need any machine that can knock out nails with a fast recovery, so that would be just about everything from Fischers to XP machines and  everything in between, like is said before once you get in to a certain price range of detector there is very little difference in performance and it becomes more about features and about likes and dislikes.

john

• Like 1

John was referring to the gpz and garrett mxt . As a novice would settle on the whites and second hand GPX for dedicated gold prospecting .

danny

Well even now after all these years I would still go for the MXT and the GPX, Because with the new coils that are coming out every couple of months it seems like the GPX is having a new lease of life, I know Nenad/Phase Tech is having some amazing results with the coils he has been testing back in OZ, The Guy is a Wizard with the GP/X series of machines, He even got the GPX seeing gold you would normally find with the SDC, And the worse bit he makes it look easy :ohmy:

john

• Like 1

Yeah John , need to correct what i write , I'm going with the mxt and GPX Second hand . Those 2 detectors would cover all bases from beach to difficult terrain . Purchasing a gpz and deepseeker would be beyond my experience . I would need to be Steve and then some . Issue is finding second hand GPX machines , mxt's you can find online but GPX detectors second hand are elusive , and there is probably good reason for that 

15 minutes ago, Danny said:

mxt's you can find online but GPX detectors second hand are elusive , and there is probably good reason for that 

Over here in the States second hand GPX's aren't hard to find for different reasons.  Often they are sold by the user or by the dealer who takes one on a trade up to a GPZ. 

Well I would try and get hold of a good used MXT pro or all Pro first, and get some practice In not just learning the machine but learning Coil control, which ever VLF you get you need to get use to that because a PI will have working like a man possessed, Even now I still try to use a VLF first on any site just for the quiet life, because a PI will have you up and down like a Brides Nighty.

John

• Like 3

1 minute ago, auminesweeper said:

Brides Nighty

Never hear that term before John, but it struck me funny. :biggrin: