Sovereign Gt With Nel 15 Inch vs CTX 3030

Tally - sov sg ,nel 6 gold 2 dollar coins 25 dollars in shrapnel - dry sand . Wet sand 6 more king Georges 1951 London mint (50%silver)10 dollars in shrapnel , and an an earring with 12 small stones yet to be assessed.

3030 - has been sent back to mine lab twice for repairs after purchase but it's good . You come to the beach Comp your 100 percent fit. Dry sand - 18 karat ring not confirmed 32 bucks plus change in the dry sand.  

Wet sand 5 bucks , large steel ring, and some old 1 and 2 cent peices . 

Thoughts gents 

• Like 1

Over here the Sovereigns are that good for the beach that second hand ones now sell for what I paid for my one new, They offer the ability to check targets in the disc mode which of coarse you can't do with a PI machine, I wish they still made them but thems the breaks aye

• Like 1

Yeah I won't get rid off mine ever, it perform well , holds its own against the more overpriced detectors and those that have been following my feeds it picks up some pretty great jewelry

It's unfortunate mine lab did stop. Once I find a good detector I like to stick to it. Not one to flip around 2 much between detectors, just like changing wives , your going to loose out somewhere , usually in the hip pocket , unless you get paid to review then your in luck lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Danny said:

Yeah I won't get rid off mine ever, it perform well , holds its own against the more overpriced detectors and those that have been following my feeds it picks up some pretty great jewelry

That's cool, at this rate you find enough to finance a trip out to the Gold fields,, even out the Back of Gympie could be rewarding, either way you seem to be building up a good retirement fund

• Like 1

Give me 20 years and plenty of luck and I might be able to retire . I love the sport , and yes it's great to find a nugget or jewellery coins and relics , but I think if you take it too seriously you could get discouraged . Having said that give me all the nuggets one can carry john , would be a happy Chappy 

Forgot to add conditions , high beach erosion 

• The title was changed to Sovereign Gt With Nel 15 Inch vs CTX 3030

Sovereign many people would say is a superb detector for the beach - just not waterproof. All the Minelab BBS and FBS detectors do well in salt water and are more alike than not when it comes to performance. The next logical step for beach detecting is the Minelab Excalibur, which is basically just a waterproof Sovereign. CTX is a great detector but one I am less excited about getting into rough surf and beating up - just too nice a detector for hard core use like that. Kind of like 4 wheeling with a sports car.

• Like 1

Hi Steve , I would have to agree with you the ctx3030 is a pretty detector . If it was a modelling Comp , the ctx would of taken the day.  When I'm in the water I harness up the sovereign gt and if I come across a target It goes over the shoulder . It was a good fun competition and shows how far detectors have come but also shows if you know how to use a gt  or any other older model your going have finds. The lcd display was impressive on the ctx3030 with its target identification , however after a few months at the beach the abrasive ness of the sand had already affected the graphite locks and shafts. Down points for the sovereign , recoverability as compared to the ctx3030 , discrimination not as precise as the ctx. No target ID except for noise variation on different targets . ( need to be experienced to be fairly sure of what the get has hit based on noise output) . Gt Positives , great depth on the larger coil - overall it did the job. 

Next comp, will be between mxt pro , deus xt and ctx 3030 on the beach . Keep everyone posted . 

Danny

Sovereign is my all time favorite deep coin killer! And Im talking turf, not surf. Combo a sov tones and dead nuts i.d., with Deus ability in iron and weight, be my perfect vlf.

• Like 2