First And 2nd Finds With The 3030

I took my new/used 3030 out in the yard today.  I don't know much about what I'm doing with it yet but these were the first 2 targets I choose to dig.  I must have it set in the miniature vehicle mode?  

3030.1.JPG

• Like 3

At least now I have a trade in for my next car purchase.  

It's nothing wrong with that you found something of interest. I've dug a few myself over the years. Best of luck on your new use detector. Keep us posted on on other finds you make.

Chuck

• Like 1

pair your wm to the detector and plug the phones into the wm that you can carry in a large shirt pocket. The phones will short out at the plug from being kinked...or you could get an extension for the cord...

nice toys

fred

Good finds of what was lost.  I've got a 3030 too.

Now you just have to look where things of 'more' interest have been lost.  That takes some research and luck.

Mitchel

7 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Now you just have to look where things of 'more' interest have been lost.  That takes some research and luck.

True and maybe some midnight OPS.  :ph34r:

8 hours ago, fredmason said:

pair your wm to the detector and plug the phones into the wm that you can carry in a large shirt pocket. The phones will short out at the plug from being kinked...or you could get an extension for the cord.

Hey Fred, Thanks for the tip.

I am wondering if you are implying that the phones sometimes short out due in part to being attached directly to the detector instead of using the WM? Or is there some other issue with headphone wires shorting out?  

In my case the seller forgot to include the part of the WM that attaches to the detector when he shipped it so presently I have no other option except to either plug in the Grey Ghost waterproof headphones or use the detector's built in speaker.  However the previous owner got WM in the mail today and I will (when not in water) be using the 3030 with my Killer bee "Hornet" headphones.

Terry   

22 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

It's nothing wrong with that you found something of interest. I've dug a few myself over the years. Best of luck on your new use detector. Keep us posted on on other finds you mak

Thanks Chuck, appreciate the support.  

I didn't think it was too bad either, Just kinda ironic that that would be my first couple of digs.  It's different than anything else I have ever used so there will definitely be a learning curve.  But at least it does have some preset modes so anyone can just go with that till they know what they are doing.  But even with that the screen still looks foreign with the CO/FE numbers and all. 

Findmall has some some excellent programs under the CTX users group. That's a great place to start if you have not checked it out already. Andy's book is also a great resource...it's easy to read as it's put into layman's terms so technologically challenged idiots like me  can even read it. The tones are real simple once you get the hang of them. I usually hunt in combined mode..and that seems to be what most people who use the CTX like. It's a great machine...

strick

14 hours ago, Roughwater said:

In my case the seller forgot to include the part of the WM that attaches to the detector when he shipped it so presently I have no other option

I am confused...the wm connects wirelessly...there is no physical attachment-hense the name, wireless module...

I have found that the headphone-plug will short out at the detector from constant pulling of the headphones, especially when you are trying to check the hole or dirt....just not enough cord to reach that far.

fred