GPX Coil Opinion Request

I am waiting on the new Nugget Finder Evo mono 14x9 coil, I also have the 14" Elite mono, which works great,it truly gets 1-2 more inches on gram size nuggets at extreme depth, over stock type coils of similar size.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mxt Sniper said:

I am waiting on the new Nugget Finder Evo mono 14x9 coil, I also have the 14" Elite mono, which works great,it truly gets 1-2 more inches on gram size nuggets at extreme depth, over stock type coils of similar size.

I have seen some reviews of the Evo coils and I like the way they tapered the bottom of the coil around the edges so doesn't catch on things easily.  Of course it being light and from what I hear thin and possibly improved sounds like a coil that would find a lot of regular use.  Now you got me thinking too.  

3 hours ago, Mxt Sniper said:

I am waiting on the new Nugget Finder Evo mono 14x9 coil,

Anyone know if this coil can be bought in the US yet or even bought outside the US and shipped here?

That 17x13 Evo is the best all around coil I've ever used on a GPX.

Between a 14x7, 17x13, and a 20" RM, they leave almost nothing for a GPZ to clean up except crumbs (in my patches in Arizona at least), which VLF's take care of more effectively anyways. Killer combo. If they have a 14x9 Evo out now, then even better! 14x9's are already more effective then the 11" stock RM's, I've tested it quite a bit, so a new gen is better still.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, jasong said:

That 17x13 Evo is the best all around coil I've ever used on a GPX

Jasong,

I'm not sure the 14X9 Evo is out yet in the US?  I'm not seeing any US dealers advertising it yet and I've looked.

It looks like you are sold on the 17X13 Evo.  Do you think the smaller 14X9 Evo could take it's place as your best all around coil?

I haven't looked at new coil lineups for months so no idea on the 14x9 Evo, this thread was the first I heard of one. I use an older fiberglass 14x7 still (also have a 14x9NFA) and I use them almost entirely for rocky washes.

For all around coils I feel that 14" is too small, but that's just my personal preference and the areas I hunt. The 17x11 was perfect for me but I like the 17x13 even better because its more sensitive, deeper, and I don't mind the weight since I spent a lot of hours swinging a GPZ. I have a rigid schedule when I detect and I try never to fall below 2 grams/day average so covering more ground is more important to me then finding every last nugget. But for someone else a 14x9 might be perfect.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, jasong said:

For all around coils I feel that 14" is too small, but that's just my personal preference and the areas I hunt. The 17x11 was perfect for me but I like the 17x13 even better because its more sensitive, deeper, and I don't mind the weight since I spent a lot of hours swinging a GPZ. I have a rigid schedule when I detect and I try never to fall below 2 grams/day average so covering more ground is more important to me then finding every last nugget. But for someone else a 14x9 might be perfect.

Thanks much Jasong I much appreciate your input.

Terry

5 hours ago, jasong said:

I just learned from the owner that the 25" NF Coil I just purchased today once belonged to Steve Herschbach.  Small world.  

Terry

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Roughwater said:

but I like the 17x13 even better because its more sensitive, deeper, and I don't mind the weight since I spent a lot of hours swinging a GPZ.

I just ordered a demo 17X13 NF Evo off of Ebay at a nice discount. I feel real good that I have the right ammo now for most any situation. 

• Like 1

On 5/13/2016 at 7:23 PM, jasong said:

That 17x13 Evo is the best all around coil I've ever used on a GPX.

Jasong,

I hope it is the best for me also as I bought a Demo NF 17X13 Evo earlier today on Ebay.  

I want to thank all who contributed.  I am thinking I would like to also get a 14X9 mono but I'll hold off on that for now as I don't need it till July anyway.  I didn't think I would end up with so many coils.

I now have a 8" commander round mono, the 11" commander round mono, the 11" commander DD, the 15" Detech Ultra DD, the 16" Nugget finder round mono advantage, the nugget finder 17X13 evolution, and Steve Herschbach's 25" Nugget Finder round mono advantage (Per Rex).  I kinda see a gap there between the 11" and the 15 that I think the 14X9 Blitz or Evolution would fill very well if I go that route. 

Terry