Garrett AT Pro Vs White's MX Sport

Well done video showing the responses on found targets compared between White's MX Sport and Garrett AT Pro. These machines are fairly comparable although the AT Pro lacks the true threshold based all metal mode that is offered on the MX Sport. The Garrett AT Gold adds that mode and might be a better match up feature-wise with the MX Sport (all three being waterproof to ten feet) but the AT Gold comes with a much smaller coil geared for nugget detecting. The coil on the AT Pro and MX Sport are roughly comparable.

This is how I test detectors myself though on way more targets.

At Pro 15 kHz  8.5" x 11" DD 3.03 lbs $595

AT Gold 18 khz  5" x 8" DD 3.0 lbs $680

MX Sport 13.9 khz  10" round DD 4.2 lbs $749

At gold is a little faster then the pro. Dirtfishin has some great videos..been lurking there  for a while.

strick

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, auminesweeper said:

That AT Pro really locks on to it's targets I would like to see the AT Gold in action, Great video,

thanks for posting it.

I also picked out the much more solid target lock by the pro than the Sport. Not to shabby for an old 7 yr old going up against a new born.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bowwinkles said:

I also picked out the much more solid target lock by the pro than the Sport. Not to shabby for an old 7 yr old going up against a new born.

This goes to prove what has been said about many other machines too, That in the VLF market there has been little or no changes In the Abilities of VLF machines, And the technology is very much like leaving a Battery on Charge for too long because now it appears that we are now going backwards where as 5, 10 and 15 year old machines are the best we've got,

I would suggest to all VLF users is they test the heck out of their machines and not just swing the coil, But test the life out of it and relearn all the things that have been missed, because if you can do that you will gain the upper hand over other users, With my machine there is possibly one or two people that can keep pace with me, When I go detecting the only real threat to my success is a person who is using the same machine as me but the chances that they have put in the time and effort as me are pretty slim, 

You can't rely on Detector companies to give you the Technology we crave to give you the edge because they are going backwards, So people need to stop detecting an Learn their machines because that knowledge is the only Answer for people who want to be successful, 

But the biggest worry is the fact that we now have non-hard core detectorist designing machines, Because they work on computers every thing is built and lives in front or beyond the keyboard As In in front of them and they seem to not take in to account that some aspects of a detector protrude behind the user, On a computer or a Stereo having the headphone socket in the front of the user is normal but on a Detector it has to be out of the way, And because of design faults and the unbalanced software we are seeing such Rookie mistakes because Nothing from what has been learned in the past is being taken in to the Future.

When technology comes to a halt then that is where we have to use our Brains to get us to the next level because the vision of such companies reached it's peak 10 or 15 years ago,

good luck.

John

• Like 4

There is much wisdom in just learning more about what you have John. Some of it is expectations also. I do not expect new VLF detectors to "go deeper" so in my case it is more about getting what I want in the way of features. There is also the fact I like trying new machines for the sheer fun if it. But you are spot on in saying that if a person wants to make more finds the best way to do that is to master what you have and simply put in more hours finding better locations.

• Like 1

Steve is correct, you cannot have success finding targets in an area where there are none. Moving to a productive area and operate a machine that does not lock on and give you a positive indication of the suspected target may or may not encourage the user to dig. This is where the relationship between the user and the machine comes in. Using the video as an example shows that the operator is very knowledgeable and I feel that there were MXS shaky locks he would have not dug yet putting the Pro over the same target he would have dug. This just plainly shows that the technology in the Whites MXS has yet to advance up to being equal or better than the Pro. My guess is that it lags by a good margin. Would be interesting to stack up a Whites 7 year old (T) against the Pro and evaluate the results in a like test. Two cookies says the field would be much more balanced and we would be talking about the Whites instead of the Pro.      

• Like 1

I agree, I would like to run my one up against it because it is very hot to say the leased and so were the other two I had, This is why I posted that recovery video, With my machine it is a case of BANG the moment it see's the target and it hits very hard, Even one of my PI's doesn't have a chance against it in most soils and all the quoted figure of this new one are a long way off what I see on a daily bases,

This one I have has ruined it for me when looking at other machines and the moment I see them my first response is " Yeah And" ?? and like Steve said I am now looking at machines that excite me but at present there isn't any but I am looking at the AU Gold-finder and the Relic along with the Racer, But nothing is jumping out at me at the moment,

To go from a machine that does All things very well to one that does some things well does nothing for me and the safe route for me is to buy another machine like the one I have for one of those just in case they cease production moments.

john 

• Like 1