Minelab Go-find Series Wins Good Design Australia Award

image.jpeg

Minelab is pleased to announce that our GO-FIND Series of treasure detectors has won a Good Design Award® for 2016. There were 34 entrants in the “Sport and Lifestyle” category and GO-FIND impressed the judges with its innovation and aesthetics. The winner was announced on Friday 27th May at the Good Design Awards ceremony in Sydney.  

Minelab Project Manager, Simon Mazurek, accepted the award on behalf of Minelab, stating “it was a great collaborative team effort between Minelab, Katapult Design and Planet Innovation, resulting in an exciting new product range for beginner detectorists and outdoor enthusiasts”.

The GO-FIND Series is the latest addition to Minelab’s extensive range of metal detectors designed for the consumer market, featuring a lightweight collapsible design, easy-to-use controls and a smartphone app.

image.jpeg

For more information about our entry, visit: https://www.good-design.com/entry/go-find/

For more information about GO-FIND detectors, visit our product page: http://www.minelab.com/go-find-40

About Good Design Australia

The Good Design Awards is Australia’s longest standing national design award and promotion program, and one of the few forums for professional Industrial Designers and manufacturers to showcase their design expertise to national and international audiences. As a result of more than 50 years of design benchmarking, the program has focused on progressively raising the standard of design and innovation in Australia.  For more information about Good Design Australia, please go to:  http://www.gooddesignaustralia.com/about/

• Like 1

well, they haven't totally given up on the design yet it seems.   At least they got an award by people who don't use them.

• Like 1

I've never owned or used one but do like the basic concept of the design. Made more robust it would be a pretty good package to put a higher end detector in. I'm thinking Xterra 705 or Safari/E trac able to fold down like that with changeable coils & robust enough for daily use. Here in Australia I've never seen it marketed as anything more than an entry level or beginners model & most of the advertising I've seen here shows kids using them in a family unit. I think some purchased them without really looking at exactly what they were & expected a higher performing machine? Fat chance from Minelab at their pricing!

In my opinion, not taking the detectors ability or lack thereof into account, the basic design of them is innovative & from a design standpoint worthy of praise + possible further use or building on? I've got to say after having a SDC the idea of compact, portable fold down detectors appeals to me now. I wish my GPZ could fold down more, in particular the handle/screen.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tnsharpshooter

The bogo go find I had,,I gave it away btw to someone with a child,,,too flimsy for me.

Evidently they didn't sell as well as expected,,,or the detector wouldn't be give as a bonus with say CTX purchase.

I've had a GO FIND 60 since they were put on sale by KellyCo and even though I have 8 other detectors I've found multiple uses for it.  It's perfect for folding up compactly and fitting in a suitcase for my frequent trips and seems to work great in dry sand beaches and city parks.  When I'm home I take it as a backup to my MXT and XP Deus.  Used it in England for one day when I forgot to charge my Deus.  The Grandkids have fun with it and it's useful introducing friends to the hobby of metal detecting.  Lastly it's handy to keep in my car in case I happen to drive by a spot that looks good to detect.  To me, it's been worth far more than the low price it sells for.

• Like 3

On 6/7/2016 at 1:38 PM, AussieMatt said:

I wish my GPZ could fold down more, in particular the handle/screen.

The same issue with the CTX 3030. I love being able to throw a detector in a backpack and enjoy my hike in of however many miles without juggling a detector. This is what sold me on the SDC, portability ranks very high on my list of must haves, as much as I loved the CTX it was just too bulky to lug around to those hard to reach places. The similar design of the GPZ has delayed a purchase thus far.