Small Discriminating Pinpointer...

I have been thinking the other day as I was digging yet another deep hole with a sweet sound how I wish I could just reach for my small discriminating pin pointer. Something small like a Garrett ProPointer. I could reach for one in my back pocket and check it down in the hole and than I can decide to leave it or clean the trash out. Sure would save some  time. Sure I can modify my Tesoro silver U max and make it a stubby disc pointer, but its too big for me to carry around as I have enough on my back all ready. I don't see any sense of nugget hunters with a vlf buying one, but for PI users with a mono coil who just want a quick id...it would be a killer accessory. The way I see it the more targets I i.d. and decide to dig or not dig the more chances of me finding gold that day....

• Like 2

Quick, run and hide before the "I dig every target and I am damn proud of it" crowd see your post. Blasphemy they will cry! They will be looking to verbally kick the sch1tt outa ya for daring to suggest such a thing. LMAO

My opinion? You are on the right track.

• Like 5

Hey Goldbrick,

I think and breath nuggethunting ...lol on my days off like today. So let them curse me...:dry:. I am just saying I know about digging all targets and I would bet all who say they dig all their targets are not being truthful. Every site is different and I take a different approach depending on the site and what I find.I also visit the sites on and off and over time I do eventually kill the area of targets. But at times especially on new areas, I do prefer to use disc until over time I find that beautiful,  darling  nugget. I don't have the patience to hit one site and clear it all in one or two hunts...no way ! , I jump from one area to another and over time I locate the areas where I found gold and keep returning and clearing. I am fortunate I live very close to my hunting grounds to be able to do that. But that magic disc pinpointer would sure speed things up and help me locate that first nug...than I can slow down and clear it out in time, at my own pace. Not sure about the electronic, but perhaps they can incorporate disc to the next Pro pointer and add a simple button to check for ferrous. Gold is a motivator..what ever helps me find it faster the better, than I will dig all of it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AuWanderer said:

Not sure about the electronic, but perhaps they can incorporate disc to the next Pro pointer and add a simple button to check for ferrous.

Sound like a great idea to me.  Just something that could tell if the potential target was iron or not.  Maybe a small modified magnetometer built into a pinpointer. Since a Mag can only see iron objects the red ferrous LED lights up if it's iron.    

• Like 2

A sunray inline probe on anything would might fit the bill.  ACE250 control head  or a F11 control head.   

HH
Mike

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

The Intex Cache Pro is what you're looking for. The newest model is auto tuning so it remains quiet until it nears non-ferrous. I have the older version which has manual tuning. You can set it to where it barely cackles. Then it'll go quiet when it hits ferrous and squeals when it hits non-ferrous. I can't tell you how many round, rusty steel items it has  saved me from digging. Here's a link to the new model.

http://www.intexsystemscorp.com