New Teknetics Direct Offer Omega 8000 And G2 Hot Pricing!

Today Teknetics is rolling out a small scale test program for direct sales of Teknetics detectors. It's very much a "test the waters" rollout.

They have appointed five "Exclusive Reps" to offer the program to customers.  I am one of the Reps.

The program for now covers only the Omega8000 and the G2 (not the +)

Here's how it works.  The buyer places the order direct with Teknetics in El Paso, tells them who the referring Rep is (the pricing is only available with reference to one of the 5 Reps) and the detector is shipped by Tek direct to the customer.

To order, contact Teknetics - Rubi Martinez (915) 633-8354 with my name (Rick Kempf) as reference - Mon - Fri 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST.

There are three different Om8000 packages and one G2

The pricing is extremely low.

Omega8000 with

10" concentric oval - $375

11" dd - $400

1" conc. and 11" dd - $475

10" conc., 11' dd and 5" dd - $540

G2 with 11" dd $460

I am compensated by FT for orders placed naming me as the Rep.

• Like 2

I should point out that both these detectors have newer versions out, the Teknetics Omega 8500 and Teknetics G2+

That being the case this is clearing out of older stock? Great prices. If I was a dealer I would be screaming bloody murder!

For any who do not know the Teknetics G2 is the exact same detector as the Fisher Gold Bug DP, just with a gray pistol grip rod assembly.

First Texas the parent company owns both Fisher and Teknetics, so it is a Chevy/GM thing. The Gold Bug Pro normally comes with a 5" round DD and sells for $649. The Gold Bug DP is the same detector with 7" X 11" DD instead and sells for $699. Fisher Gold Bug Model Comparison

So to repeat the G2 is the same detector as the $699 Gold Bug DP but with a different rod assembly, and right now you can get the G2 for $460. Frankly, I am very tempted to get one for that price.

Here are the two detectors side by side:

fisher-gold-bug-pro-display-vs-teknetics-g2-controls.jpg

fisher-gold-bug-pro-dp-vs-teknetics-g2.jpg

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

whats the difference between the G2 and G2 +? I see the G2+ on Ebay for 499. I like the audio tones on it and the boost

mode. Is it hard to pinpoint with that large rectangular coil? I'd prefer a round coil or elliptical myself.

-Tom V.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Now I see that First Texas is offering the G2 direct from the factory on eBay at $390.00 with free shipping! That is $70 less than the $460 Rick was quoting at the start of the thread, must be the very last of the G2 stock. Killer deal for what is the same detector as the $699 Gold Bug Pro DP (11"x 7" DD coil) version only with different rod/grip assembly. The G2 itself was normally sold for $749 before being replaced by the G2+ (repackaged Fisher F19).

teknetics-g2-color-flyer.JPG

• Like 1