Waiting For New Detectors

At least we know they are coming. Both of the the Minelabs I bought were  replaced by new models within a month. I was not very happy!

Yeah when the X-Terra 30 and 50 came out everyone thought the 50 was the top-of-the-line model, then just a few months later the X-Terra 70 came out. That did irritate a lot of people.

In this world of cell phones and computers though the detector world is slow by comparison.

Well it looks as if the SDC 2300 will be with us soon. I ask the dirty word and that was what is the price.

The funny thing is I ask that question twice.

Chuck Anders

There will be rumors of detectors...some will say this and some will say that...

I say say show me the detector; especially after a few good men have given it a test drive-that would be Steve, Jonathan Porter and Billl Southern to name a few...

fred

I'm hearing you Fred, Steve is my go to guy for unbiased reporting on all things metal detecting. I'm excited by the SDC though, it's a little out of the ordinary for Minelab to announce so far out from a release but knowing them it will be well worth the wait.

JP

Hi John

The ad about the SDC 2300 came out right after the ATX hit the detector market. If you looked at both say side by side they looked like twins that was separated at birth. We didn't hear about the ATX until it was here. It's twin must of had to stay in the hospital longer and what we see is still there.

With all the time Minelab has had with this new kid on the block the SDC 2300. I'd think they should know what they need to ask for it. I myself if I knew this it would tell me if I want to wait for the SDC 2300.

When Garrett made the ATX they gave their all. They say it's not a mid-range detector. On the other hand Minelab is saying the SDC 2300 is a mid-range detector. I know what said and what is can be two different things.

I just wanted to know the price of the SDC 2300 out the door. Is that asking too much?

Chuck Anders 

Hi Chris

No I didn't. I did ask him that question on the forum. I wouldn't think that be a secret this late in the day when the SDC 2300 should be out any day.

I wouldn't do are say anything that could hurt Rob and his business. I've purchase a detector and other items in the past from Rob like coils plus headphones. I always talk up anything he's got for sale So when I ask the price I didn't think I was out of line.

Chuck Anders

Rob said in his post that if anyone had any questions to call him. I think if you called you'd get an answer.

I don't think it was out of line, but there are rules as to what he can say publicly on his website before ML makes the official release.

Hi Chris

If you will go to Rob's forum at look the last statement I posted about the SDC 2300 I did back down. I wished Rob the best with the sales. Over all I wished him well and said nothing about the price anymore.

He didn't reply to anything I said and that's okay with me. A price has been bounce around and all have been over three thousand. So if that's the case why would I want to put out that much money for a mid-range detector? I know right now I can get a good used GPX for around the same money. If all else falls I'll go buy the ATX for 2120., TDI PRO for 1799.,TDI SL for 1299. and now the SPP for 995. Remember Minelab said the SDC 2300 is a mid-range but not with a mid-range price..

The Best Chris.

Chuck Anders