Renting A Caravan Or Motorcoach For Queensland???

Back to the caravan---Norvic i must say that offer is very nice--- i am practicing on the left side of the road over here now... it seems like everyone enjoys it because almost everyone waves hello to me.... some must have crippling arthritis tho because they only have one finger that they can straighten when they are waving Hi to me..... :biggrin:

I was thinking about how much having a caravan to travel in would save us over there and it added up quickly----

I may even have to stay longer !!!! :wink:

Now i need to find a good Troopie to rent......

"It has begun"

• Like 2

Thought you might find these interesting and/or helpful for what you're planning: How they're geared when prospecting for gold and gems around Australia two to four months at a time..

Wal nLiz 
Gold -- It's not worth dying for: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkiWnBSjvU8
Video about outback preparedness..

Liz Kreate -- Our Camping Set-up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=489zvZRUJbc

Swamp

• Like 1

Well if I wasn`t such a frigger the old Troopie be available too. It`s on the gonnagetaroundtoit list, needs brake & gearbox overhaul and sits dejected in town shed next to van.  All bloody MLs fault for bringing out the Z.

Crikey that Sandgroper BBs a bit cheeky:rolleyes:, but he`s on the money, Nurses, Teachers etc are in demand over there. When we were in Marble Bar, back last century, local tried to talk the Teacher Missus to stay and teach, I did too, but you know they never listen to us blokes, reckon we`re full of it......wisdom that is.You could be working amongst that lovely heavy stuff. Just stay away from NT, you`ve gotta drink a carton, wrestle a croc to the 3 count and civilize a local Shiela all before Brekkie, before they allow you to gain NT citizenship. I never said that.

• Like 2

Banana benders, Sandgropers, Cockroaches, Mexicans, Hahahaahaha... i m loving it----

Maybe i should come over early to do some mechanic work....Norvic....

NT is sounding better BB !! hahahaha... that got me going with a good laugh before brekkie here....

• Like 1

Swampstomper has a couple of good video's there :)  Nice set up in those vids.

Be interesting to see what you come up with Van.  Lots of ways to do things and with help its that much easier.  My first and second kits both cost well over 12 grand to put together.  First one I flew in a couple of times to have the ute, old datsun, wrenched on and kitted.  Second one, current troopie conversion, I purchased and kitted in what was needed.  Both times though I had the help of friends down under.  Norvics offering a great value and good on him! :)  15 to 20 grand on an extended stay is not unusual all told but gets cheaper if you hold onto your kit for the next go.

• Like 2

Just a couple of curious questions?  What model are those diesel Toyotas pictured in the above videos?  And the trucks with the flat beds seen in many other Oz vids, I assume they are also diesel Toyotas.  What model?  Thanks.

Yeah, my old Troopies a 86 model, bought new then(very experienced gold finder, just give it it`s head and presto your on). Put it off the road in 2012, got 400000km on clock, 2H diesel donk still doesn`t burn oil, it was the first model with the 5 speed box. Which had a problem every 120000 or so the 3rd gear synchro ring would have worn enough, unless you were careful you could end up locking in two gears, a bit of rocking would get you going again.

Crikey Paul might take you up on that mechanicing offer, have a empty town house (we live in a shouse on farm, which was only a w`ender, but have settled in nice permanently, Shouses are much more liveable then houses) anyway you & Sheila could camp in house. I`ve done the change of synchro ring last time back 120000km or so, no big drama, would change rear c`shaft seal on donk and rear welsh plugs whilst at it. Bit of luck main prospecting Station may be open again for fossicking again next year (currently building tourist facilities) and we could nick out there on odd day or so and score some weight.

Crikey you`ll definitely be Refired as opposed to Retired. Now what does one call a Yankee, that turns Banana Bender(Cane Toad), Cockroach(Mexican), Sandgroper, NT`er etc etc ??????????? Crikey mate you`ll be here for the 17 State of Origins (footy), tis when us Cane Toads give the Mexicans their annual hiding....... Night time entertainment on the TV.

• Like 1

There's actually no need to go to Queensland Paul - they are all over here. I was working in Meeka and Cue yesterday and bugger me every vehicle was a bloody Queenslander with a trailer. Talk about mexicans .......

Ahh Norvic, the curse of the third gear. I had to drive mine into something (tree, mound, someone's wall) to bump her out of third. This was no probs in the bush - a bit of a sight in town. I drove it for two years strategically missing third. Memories .....

• Like 1