Renting A Caravan Or Motorcoach For Queensland???

G'day  Norvic, or Goldhounds, or JP, ====(or ALL)

I am making plans for a 3 months adventure next June, July, and August.

Probably stay around Queensland for this trip...from Brisbane to Cairns ====but in the back country mostly--

I will go to the coast this trip though. I have heard too much about it not to see it.

Sounds like a may have a Shelia running with me this trip-- which is OK, she gets more gold than I do!!!!!

We need to rent a caravan or an off road camper of some sort..... what would you gentlemen/ladies suggest???

Maybe even buy a used unit and sell when we leave, or rent one from someone you may know who could use a little extra cash...

Thanks in advance for your replies.... looking forward to hearing your thoughts...

Hoo roo mates...

Paul,

Two things everyone will want to ask.

1. Will the VA be able to miss you for so long?

2. Are the Aussies willing to let you stay for that long?

I'm sure everyone on both ends of this trip will have more questions for you over the next year.

Mitchel

• Like 3

Hahahaha... Good questions Mitchel-------I'm going back to travel nursing so I can semi retire

!. I am leaving the VA this Friday. 

2. That's exactly why i need a Troopy.......so i can be mobile  enough to get out of town when they are tired of my smart a...

It is going to be a grand adventure and the journey begins TODAY !!!!!!!

I want to go to OZ for 3 months minimum to get a real feel for it---and as far as I know I am only going to be in Queensland--- it is such a huge place,,,, I would love to go to Coober Pedy or somewhere to get on some of those opals they have there...  I believe the Goldhounds have a contact for me in that area... and I need to see the pond too

• Like 1

Suggest you shop a bit on gum tree and at that go with a dealer that can offer you a warranty.  Use what Aussie contacts you have and secure a good deal. After that look at rego, registration, and keep in mind the expenses. Your not just buying a vehicle your buying a HOUSE.  Gonna be living out of it so....  Lot of extras need to be in the vehicle and you'll probably need to do some maintenance on it as well if you intend to resale at the end of the trip. Oh I can tell you some stories... but I wont.  KISS.  You can go with a dealer like AutoBarn or such.... did it and its a good deal.... or kit yourself.  Done it twice myself~ kitting.  You got time so plan accordingly one Yank to another.  Figure your budget before you leap into the shark tank mate.  Bad enough spending a couple of grand to go but the cost of a tire..... oh that can suck badly in the wrong spot.

DD

• Like 1

Have a Getaway Off-road pop top caravan, might be what you want, only about 12ft, 2 single beds. Will email you a photo if it is suitable, not interested in renting but loaning if you make a vow to the moon & the stars to tow on LH side of road:blink: , you`d have to take out Insurance as I only have it registered. Something to think of.

• Like 2

Fred, 6months?? The lad`ll be rooned for life, he`ll be applying for citizenship and be a QLDer before you know it. Tis only a local call to JC up here in NQ.

• Like 2

Paul, have you thought of possibly doing some remote area nursing in a locum capacity. You have plenty of time to research this.We have all sorts over here in WA that come and go through the small nursing posts, all in gold country. I don't know how that works over there with the banana benders .... Just a thought

Cheers

BB

• Like 1