A Mining Adventure From Last Year, Still Pondering...

Thanks for your insights guys. Hmm, what to do about the Apache Thunder god in Arizona next time I go there to gold hunt in the NF? I won't worry about it..but maybe take some Holy water just in case...and a Go Pro camera on a helmet with new battery and big memory card. My Canon SX50 camera was in my knapsack on this incident , wasn't about to try getting it out.

Sounds like the rods work pretty darn good for you Jim. I've seen utility workers using them along the roads even tho the Electric company swears they don't use any such things..

Ps, I did some more research on dark blue mineral crystals. Blue Tourmaline crystals are hex shaped but flat on the ends. My crystal was hex shaped but pointed like a quartz crystal which fits the description of dark blue topaz crystals. And blue tourmaline is actually more greenish, not solid blue...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hard Prospector said:

I bought a set of dowsing rods and a couple of books on the subject last year but haven't done much with it yet. The desert is a big place and I'm open to trying what ever tips and tricks may help especially when sampling.

Stick with "tips and tricks" that are backed by Science, I think you'll find you're more successful. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AU_Solitude said:

Stick with "tips and tricks" that are backed by Science, I think you'll find you're more successful. 

The best drywasher I know of won't sink a pick and shovel into the ground unless the "rods cross first"  Is it science or faith at work here? Who knows but this old timer has lived and mined the desert most of his 75 years and fine dry placer recovery is his deal

Did I mention he goes by the nick name "Comstock"

• Like 1

I drink too.:smile:

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I suddenly started having some luck dowsing stocks after losing my shirt for years. Seems to be related to 2 potions I started using for some health issues.
I just use a pendulum, look for stocks in breakouts ,or that I have watched for years, and start tracking them.
I had 6 figures in my stock trading account last week on 8600 I started with in October but was scared to sell cause of taxes.In the meantime I lost 1/2 when my stock sold off. But its a new year now. Time to try again for early retirement is my aim.
Too bad I basically have to give Uncle Sam 1/2 of what I make is the new problem, with short term trading.
Not for the faint of heart either. Today,I lost 8 grand in 1 position but made 10 grand elsewhere.
Maybe thats why my guts are hurting so much lately?  Think of all the nice metal detectors I could buy. But retiring and exiting the rat race early is number one priority right now.

Well i cansay that I've seen the "wendigo" it ran across the road in my bright lights and also the brights of the semi-truck coming towards me. it came off the point of a mountain ran across 95 grabbed the guardrail w 2 hands and hurtled sideways over it....and into the darkness down to the salmon river......it was made out of twigs  and looked "in form" sorta like the Indian bumper sticker that looks like a long haired spirit blowing a horn. it had long hair made of twigs.......it was a person/thing/skelton/spirit made of twigs

I got nervous when my crystal ball predictions stopped working, bailed out today with almost 40 grand vs the 8 grand I started with in October,better to cut and run for now...guess I can afford to buy a Macro Gold Racer now?