Simce this thread from a year and a half ago, nothing further has surfaced.

You can bet however that Dave Johnson, Carl Moreland and the rest of the engineering group at First Texas are doing more than just re-arranging the buttoms and knobs on the current Fisher and Teknetics machines.  What the result of their ongoing development efforts will be and when they will reach the market - nobody who has real information on that is about to say anything.

1 hour ago, Rick Kempf said:

You can bet however that Dave Johnson, Carl Moreland and the rest of the engineering group at First Texas are doing more than just re-arranging the buttoms and knobs on the current Fisher and Teknetics machines.  What the result of their ongoing development efforts will be and when they will reach the market - nobody who has teal information on that is about to say anything.

You mean Carl Moreland of Geotech works for First Texas?  If so I'd say they must be serious about getting into the PI world.

It would be real nice to see someone come in and shake up the pi market! Minelab pretty much has a stranglehold on that now. Some serious competition would be welcome! Hopefully Fisher isn't the only company that is working on it.

The CZX nugget detector Dave Johnson is working on is of great interest to me. I want something lightweight and high tech  to replace my Gold Bug 2, after just getting back from 5 days at rye patch last week, had the GB2 bunjee'd to my Honda CT110, it fell over in camp maybe critter tunnels under the stand, had tested but after couple hrs it fell, squashing the armrest cuff and bent the main upper shaft, popped the main box off the shaft,  managed to straighten the armrest cuff but the main upper shaft is done for, was  able to use it for the remainder of the trip, found this 4.9 grain nugget with it. Full of calcite still but was almost totally covered on outside with calcite as well to start with, cleaned it up a bit. Left as is, afraid it may come apart if I acid dip the rest out.

ryepatchnuggeta.JPG

ryepatchnuggetb.JPG

• Like 7

That's still a nice looking nug sniper calcite or not!

Sounds like that new czx couldn't come soon enough!

Those Fisher rumor  posts are over a year old at this point in time I would say were not going to see anything new this summer.

Hopefully before Christmas so we can get a jump start on next summer!

Yeah, the year is sneaking by fast. I was pretty much betting on 2016 but my sights have now shifted to 2017. Personally I would prefer they take whatever time it needs to get out the door 100% right. It would however be a nice Christmas gift from First Texas to us!

• Like 1