White's Electronics Summer 2016 Catalog

Available for online viewing at http://www.flipsnack.com/Whites/whites-summer-2016-catalog.html

Here is the included specifications/price list:

whites-electronics-summer-2016-metal-detector-price-list-with-specifications.jpg

Note that the base MXT model that had an MSRP of $799 is not listed in the catalog. The M6 and Beachhunter ID are also missing - all three were listed in the 2015 catalog. The GMZ nugget detector and TDI Pro PI detector are not in the catalog but were not in 2015 either, perhaps because they are niche units? They all still appear to be available online in some locations. I am not sure if they have been officially discontinued but leaving these models out of the catalog sure sends a message.

Here is the Fall 2015 specification/price list for comparison:

whites-electronics-fall-2015-metal-detector-price-list-with-specifications.jpg

Very interesting!

I have a lot of money invested in my 5000 from the initial cost to aftermarket coils.  So anything new Whites has to offer in the PI field, has to be really great for me to bite.  Although, fingers crossed X

Thanks for the information Steve.

Brian.

Steve - the products you mentioned are being phased out, but we will continue selling them until we run out of what we already have.

For those of you who like to have a hard copy for the "office" (aka bathroom) we will send you one free of charge - http://www.whiteselectronics.com/where-to-buy/request-a-catalog#form

Check out the handsome devil modeling the MX5 on page 11... 

• Like 1

Its a shame about the TDI Pro coming to the end of the line,i bought the very last one sold in the UK that was specially shipped over from the US,the sl version may be a very good machine but glad i went for the Pro version instead.

Thanks for the clarification Tom. That kinda sorta confirms something I have been thinking. The Beachhunter ID has always been an odd duck and many people were disappointed when the MX Sport turned out to be single frequency, which frankly is poor for salt water. So my guess is new multifrequency machine stuffed in MX Sport housing for the salt water guys is in the works. Only makes sense really, as the company will want to leverage the development cost of the new housing by using it for multiple models.

Hi tboykin,

The only other thing I noticed in the 2016 catalog was that the Eclipse 9" spider coil was missing. Did they just forget to add it in or is also being discontinued ??  I hope not, is a far better coil than the ol' 950. 

26 minutes ago, RickUK said:

Its a shame about the TDI Pro coming to the end of the line,i bought the very last one sold in the UK that was specially shipped over from the US,the sl version may be a very good machine but glad i went for the Pro version instead.

People have different thoughts on this. The SL is lighter and easier to pack on longer expeditions. Still plenty of Pro's out there, but every product has a life span. That's how you make room for new ones!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OregonGregg said:

Hi tboykin,

The only other thing I noticed in the 2016 catalog was that the Eclipse 9" spider coil was missing. Did they just forget to add it in or is also being discontinued ??  I hope not, is a far better coil than the ol' 950. 

Thanks for catching that! I let Mel know and we will update the next version of the catalog. Not quite enough room for all the coils but we will make it work in the next batch. We still produce it and will continue to do so - http://www.whiteselectronics.com/prizm-9-spider-search-coil-1966

4 hours ago, tboykin said:

"The first rule about product development is - you do not talk about product development."

The first rule about product development is - YOU do not talk about product development.

That is what makes it better being on the outside looking in sometimes. It can be more fun to speculate about what I do not know than having to keep my mouth shut about things I do know!

• Like 2