Lot Of Hunt And A Little Nut

I've been collecting an impressive assortment of trash the last few months, but the only gold I have been able to count on has been from running my sluice in the creek as my gpz has been fruitless for some time. 

I was up in the high country for a few days last month, the first day and a half were looking pretty much the same with nothing to show for my time. I decided to pack up from where I had been hunting and drove out to see if gold miner Strick had set up camp as I knew he would be heading up for a hunt for a few days. When I got to his camp Chuck was out for a hike, so l chatted with Lisa for a few minutes and then headed to an old patch to see if my luck had changed.

i had fired up zed and had been hunting for about 15 minutes when I picked up a really clean short sweet high low tone when I ran the coil alongside a large tree that had fallen down and partially decayed. I began digging up the target and at about only 3 inches down I spotted a promising lump as in the distance I could hear the approach of prospector strick's utv approaching my location. I hurriedly snatched my prize from it's hiding place, dusted off the dirt and dropped it into my container just in time to show it off to my fellow prospectors.

my only conclusion is that an important part of a successful hunt must include at least a short visit to camp Strick, as I went back up the following week for 4 days and was not able to get some luck to rub off on me and lived the skunk yet again, despite destroying two tires on my wife's car the first day, which has worked in the past finding gold.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 8

Nice work Clark! and it's a whole gram bigger then the one I got :biggrin: You earned it with all your hard work tromping all over those mountains.... It was nice to see you again and I'm glad Lisa and I were the first to set eyes on your prize. I've hunted the patch till I was dizzy for just the one....so it's time to move on I guess. But don't count it out as a possible skunk buster in the future. Low and slow may pay off...

strick

• Like 1

Nice nugget! I always move on and then go to back and try a different approach even when you think you have the last nugget from a patch. You never know when the moisture content or emi changes just slightly enough for you to hear another one. Low and slow, different walk pattern, and confidence.

• Like 3

thanks fellows, it's always a blast being out on a hunt, and Chuck, great to see you and Lisa out there I hope we get a chance to repeat soon it was a lot of fun to hunt with you out there and your timing was near perfect. I hope someday soon to find us a new patch area so far i've been a day late and dollar short, but i'm seeing a lot of territory and one of these days...

till then, low and slow...as much as I can, damn tough sometimes, but you are right... Low and Slow