XP Deus As A Discriminating Pinpointer

Condor

Just thinking about the possibilities, some assumptions are necessary to further the thought.  Let's assume the Deus introduces the 5X9 coil as expected.  We know the Deus is unique in that the coil is the detector, no control box mounted on the shaft. We know the audio and control functions are wireless and transmitted to a very small pocket sized controller or wireless headphones.  The Deus seems to be very accurate on Ferrous, at what depth I can't be sure.   So, other than something to function as a handle, the coil could be carried in a pouch or belt holster, brought out and switched on as needed to check the dig hole for ferrous targets and pinpoint non-ferrous.  The existing 8" round coil might be a little too cumbersome for this concept, but the 5X9 would be a reasonable fit.   I know there have been a few people who have fashioned the same concept with the Fisher Gold Bug machines with varying degrees of success.  They still have to deal with a wired control box.

I ran the Deus side by side with the GPZ the other day.  All I needed was about 10 ft of separation to avoid interference between them.  The Z reacted if you pointed the Deus coil at it, but otherwise they played well together, both machines switched on at the same time.

Your thoughts?

• Like 1

I have used the Makro Racer Gold to discriminate..... they do not play well together ......so when i came to a loud target i would just turn off the 7 and turn on the MGR...

I learned how to carry the MGR to keep it away from the 7 coil... i had to carry it over my left shoulder with the coil furthest away.

I have thought about different rigs to hold it on my back like i can do my pick, but for now i just run until i hit something decent and then turn on the MGR...

,, I thought about making a shorty like steve showed..... but i like being able to swing the coil over my shoulder to be away from the front of me as much as possible....that way i can whip it right around if i am checking a target....

I probably look very foolish,

Foolish?

Has the plan worked out for you?  Save time digging or find better gold?

Mitchel

• Like 1

I am wondering whether the proposed wireless pinpointer for the Deus will be like your typical non-discriminating unit, or whether it will be another coil in its own right with full discrimination capability and control via the remote.   Say a little like the Sunray probes, just a wireless version.   That would be excellent for locating non-ferrous targets in a hole containing many other ferrous targets, and speed up the whole recovery process.

The Minelab Pro-find is much like your GPZ Condor, can't get it anywhere near the Deus without copping an earful of noise.