No Nuggets.... But I Got A Grill

11 minutes ago, strick said:

There are lots of old beaver tails in this park so I know it has not been hit by anyone serious yet.

Hear yuh there, strick.  I've heard and read lots of complaints of people finding ring&beaver-tail pop-tabs.  I love 'em, especially when the ratio of those to 'square tabs' (modern pop-tabs) is high.  It's strong evidence of one of two things:  1) minimal amount of detecting since mid-late 70's when they fell out of favor in the aluminum can business, or 2) detectorists failing to dig items in their discrimination region.  Either way there should be a lot of juicy targets remaining in old sites.  Best wishes in your hunts.

• Like 3

I was wondering where the gold covered barbecue grill was? Never knew it had something to do with dental work?

I found one of those years ago myself and was told it was worthless.If that's the case, why do dentists save old crowns? So, what are your tips on finding all these nice heavy gold rings? Dig it all as Steve keeps telling us?

I also have a TDi , the original version. What park settings could I try using for rings/coins and what coil in black dirt, no minerals?

Thanks.-Tom

• Like 1

When I read the header I was wondering how a BBQ got into all this.....:blink:

Sure glad we got that cleared up.... 

• Like 3

Magic my friend...what great finds, you are playing your machines to perfection. We are going to have to start calling you the jewelry master or king ring, or the grill man cause you been cooking with gas. Very nice and we love seeing those great results, keep it up Chuck and we know a nice lump awaits your swing in them thar hills for sure!

• Like 2