A Beach Hunt With " Class "

Rob

Good going Rob.

Rob,

A most impressive take for 5 hours! You must have extraordinary recovery skills. Of special interest is that smallest junk ring which appears to be made of pretty thin wire, an especially good recovery with a CTX and large coil.

The large coil on a CTX has got to be pretty heavy, but clearly is working well for you. What is your overall opinion of that set up?

Randy,

I had the CTX set on the stock "beach" mode.....nothing special.

SL,

The small junk ring is made of copper wire. The large coil is a must at the beach in order to get max ground coverage. As long as I'm diggin' good targets, the coil doesn't feel heavy.....funny how that is!!

Rob

• The title was changed to A Beach Hunt With " Class "

Located the school that the class ring is from. It's The Alliance Academy in Quito, Ecuador. I made contact with the alumni association president and we're working on trying to find the person who lost it.

• Like 3

Nice going Rob! I have yet to find a class ring and I hear they can ring up like a zinc penny so I keep digging zinc penny's and keep pitching them in the garbage also. That big coil has great sensitivity to small items. I feel sometimes that it does not give much depth  increase however. I bought a couple of these and now use them all the time on the beach. http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Detecting-Buddy-A-metal-detector-harness-fits-Minelab-Whites-Garrett-Fisher-/181402444140

strick