Tesoro Outlaw

Mugsy

Was just curious if anyone has used the Outlaw with the DD coil for prospecting. The operating frequency isn't optimal for nugget hunting so was wondering what others thought. Might work good where there is a lot of trash and ground is not overly mineralized.

I will be surprised to see any response on that Keith. I doubt many nugget hunters have even heard of the 10.7 kHz Outlaw, let alone used one. Good detector though, should work at least as well as a hundred other detectors. In theory any good detector can find gold. The Outlaw would probably do just fine in tailing piles chasing larger gold. But you know all that already!

I would be inclined more towards the higher frequency Vaquero myself. I used it once at Ganes Creek, worked just fine. I did find a nugget with it but most of the trip my F75 SE was getting the use. My buddy George also toted a Tejon to Ganes Creek, also seemed to work fine. In lower mineral ground with lots of ferrous stuff lots of decent coin detectors can work fine. The Vaquero and Tejon at running at the higher 14 kHz though making them a tad hotter on gold.