Steve, And Others - Which Nugget Detector?

Of these 3 detectors which would  be your #1 choice for nuggets? Whites MXT, Fisher Gold Bug Pro, or Nokta Fors Gold?  Trying to decide on one for my First nugget hunter.  The reason i ask is i have a chance to buy a like new MXT Tracker e-series with the 9.50 coil, headphones, carry bag, digging tool and a Whites pin pointer for $325 locally. Or a Nokta Fors Gold that is 1 year old and only used twice for $400. And if i look around i can usually find a Gold Bug for around $400 as well. Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

I can do as well with any of them. My default recommendation for beginner nugget hunters is the Gold Bug Pro. Why? It has all the features required for VLF nugget detecting and is one of the most popular well proven machines ever sold for the task, with dealer support everywhere. It is just a really safe choice.

I highly recommend not obsessing over VLF performance when looking at 13 - 19 kHz detectors. It is hair splitting. Just look hard at what you intend to use the detector for and make the choice based on the feature list. Steve's Guide To Gold Nugget Detectors

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Steve,+And+Others+-+Which+Nugget+Detector+?

Thank you very much Steve. I may have found a Gold Bug for $300. Still waiting to hear back from the seller. Found it here in the classifieds but it has been there a while. Hopefully he still has it. Thanks again.

1 hour ago, Rod K said:

I may have found a Gold Bug for $300.

Just make sure it's not the old original Gold Bug from the 80"s.  The way you can tell is the old model has just knobs, no screen.  The Newer gold bug has the digital screen/controls.  The original could work but much better to have the newer.  

If you want to go old school with knobs get the gold bug II as it's great for small gold and much better than the original gold bug but may be hard to find for under 500 dollars.    

• Like 1

Thanks. I have been detecting for quite a while so i know the difference between models. This Was the Gold Bug digital but unfortunately, it already sold. So now i have a MXT and the Fors Gold to choose from unless i want to wait for another GB to come up for sale.

I'm told the Teknetics G2 is the same as the Gold Bug.  Below is a link to what looks like a real good deal on a used one with a 5" and 11" coil.

Terry 

http://www.treasureclassifieds.com/metal-detectors/teknetics-g2-for-sale-325-00_i3616

• Like 1

Roughwater, Thanks for the link. I sent him a message about it. Kinda Leary about buying from someone with no feedback on the other side of the Country though.

it is about a year old. Also, i live here in Oregon, so no matter how old it is if i take it up to them in person they have always fixed them for me.