New Detector But I Need It

Ridge Runner

Terry,

Quite obviously you need a new metal detector to take your mind off these dark thoughts of selling guns. The masking ability of the ones you have is not doing the trick....

2 hours ago, SLGuin said:

Quite obviously you need a new metal detector to take your mind off these dark thoughts of selling guns. The masking ability of the ones you have is not doing the trick....

LOL.  SL,

In actual truth I am surprised at my general lack of interest in hunting since last hunting season.  No doubt I will get out to hunt but I would just as soon be doing something more related to detecting or hunting Gemstones.  Normally I would be getting ready for bow Muzzle-loader and gun season right now but my wife has planned a short trip for us south to Atlanta to see the Braves, A visit to Charleston SC and to Paula Deans Restaurant in Savannah Ga. After we return from there, I plan a trip west to see my daughter and her family in Bentonville Arkansas and maybe go as far as Texas and meet up with Chuck.  Somewhere along the way I hope to do some Gem hunting and detecting etc for a few days.   

• Like 1

You know when you sell a gun are a detector it's like the loss of a dear friend. I know that being I've been down that road and sorry I done it every time.

Lucky for me I'm into detectors only that I can't live without. I do have some guns but I stop hunting years ago. Even when I had a farm where I could walk out my back door a shoot a deer. I got to the point I didn't want too anymore.

On this XP I thinking about buying this weekend that's if I can line up a time to meet with the dealer. I don't know about this guy he works odd hours. I'm beginning to think he may be DEA Agent are a dope dealer. Yet dope dealers wouldn't be selling detectors. Unless business is bad!

Chuck

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

You know when you sell a gun are a detector it's like the loss of a dear friend. I know that being I've been down that road and sorry I done it every time.

Lucky for me I'm into detectors only that I can't live without. I do have some guns but I stop hunting years ago. Even when I had a farm where I could walk out my back door a shoot a deer. I got to the point I didn't want too anymore.

On this XP I thinking about buying this weekend that's if I can line up a time to meet with the dealer. I don't know about this guy he works odd hours. I'm beginning to think he may be DEA Agent are a dope dealer. Yet dope dealers wouldn't be selling detectors. Unless business is bad!

Chuck

If there are red flags, I for one wouldn't proceed.  Probably best to stick to the known metal detecting dealers.  You can usually get better deals if you call around and shop.

N7XW

I sure this guy is okay. He goes by Dirt Fishing detectors and he's a dealer for White's plus XP Deus. After my last post he text me and will meet at his home at one tomorrow.

If I always played it safe I wouldn't have a steel ball in my left shoulder from crashing a plane of mine. I found out it's not the fall that kills you but the sudden stop.

I'm watching Bering Sea Gold now and working under that ice I'm not sure I could do it. I've been there looking for gold but a long ways from the Bering Sea.

Chuck

• Like 1

Chuck, 

I'm sure you will love the new XP.  Let us know what all you find with it!

The Deus is my everyday use machine,it did take a little while and many hours to master,but once the penny drops then its a very adaptable and light machine,i have mine mounted on a Golden Mask 5 shaft and it just finishes the setup off completely !!

Regarding having additional detectors,i currently have 18 of them and 45 coils these cover most of my various site scenarios here in the UK,some are old time classic's that have served me well and i just like using them.

I am out all day tomorrow on a roman villa site and will take about 3 detectors and a few coils just incase,nothing worst than driving some distance and then finding that the only detector that you bought with you has decided too play up,so i always have a few backups.

Is it a addiction ?? they dont have pockets in shrouds and you cannot take it with you,so i enjoy myself to the full while i am alive.

• Like 3

RickUK

Guns are forever if you take care of them. Electronics like us gets old but in this way we have a reason to buy a new one.

I've been told that we only pass this way but one time. Until I get to the end I'll enjoy that new gun are detector and spend that evil money.Haha

Kiss your kids hug your dog and tell everybody you  love them but above all enjoy life!

Chuck 

• Like 1

Well guys I was almost right when I said DEA Agent are Drug Dealer. He's Homeland Security and he's into relic hunting. He goes over to the East Coast and hunts for a week at a time.

He has a like new AT Pro that he sold to a friend. The guy had got out about one time with it but then went on hard times. So he gave the guy his money back. Jason said he'd let anyone have it for what he's got into it. If interested PM me for more info.

Chuck