AT Gold And T2 Classic Strike Again

Hi all,

Just got back from a trip to Chicken Alaska and my AT Gold and T2 Classic  were spot on.  Total weight for the four nuggets is 16.8 grams.  The three small nuggets were found with the AT Gold, 3x6 snake coil on day two.  The biggest nugget is 10.8 grams and was found with the T2 Classic, 4x11 biaxel coil on day three.  The T2 with the stock coil could detect small flakes by listening for the break in the threshold.  All the nuggets were 5 to 6 inches deep and would have been missed if I didn't listen for the break in the threshold.  I like to give a big thanks to Steve for writing the stories of his adventures in Chicken that inspired me to take the trip.  I have now detected and found gold in for different areas of Alaska in 8 years. (Ganes creek 4 times, Moore creek 1 time, Nome 2 times, and Chicken 1 time.) 26 ounces found in 8 years with $700 VLF.  Last of all, don't let anyone tell you and area is hunted out, trust in your equipment, keep a good attitude, work hard the whole time, and believe in your abilities.

Thanks,

Treasuredude 

20160824_082152.jpg

• Like 7

That's awesome Jeffery! Nice fat Jack Wade gold for sure. And as you know little need for a PI in many Alaska locations, especially in trashy deep tailing piles.

Sure was a short trip though. You probably spent more time traveling than detecting. Good results especially considering you were new to the area with limited time.

Thanks Steve,

Your right, if the ground had been mineralization, then I would have needed a PI.  I would also like to clarify that PI's are geat, but I only use them when needed.  I have been lucky to only have needed a VLF for the places I have hunted in Alaska.  I also have been able to use medium priced detectors with success,  but do not intend to imply they are better then other choices.  I actually was in Chicken for 6 days, detected 5 full days, 8 to10 hours just like when we were at Ganes and Moore Creek.  Travel time was about an hour, one way.  Thank again Steve, you really are a great teacher that also listens and motivates people.  I really appreciate you.

Thanks,

Jeffery 

• Like 1

Nice gold!  Good description of your hunting.