GPX 4500 Or SDC 2300

Benny

Benny -kiwijw-Glad! Ive got 3 of the 4 mentioned........noZED noGold yet IdahoG. if youve watched as many videos of nuggets dug in 7years of bein a yutube junkie......and a 6monthNewbie!...b4zed.....4500 has found more gold than ALLother detectors on the TUBE" - even more than the Five-o!   ZED closing in Hard tho! Always Carry a .45 imo :D

• Like 1

Fathers Day this Sunday in Oz. Pick my 4500 up on Monday. First gold Monday arvo. Well at least I'll be out trying. Thanks to all for the advice, hopefully I'll be posting some pics of my finds in the not too distant future.

• Like 1

Good luck Benny. Try to get out with some experienced people when you get a chance and they should help you out with settings, swing speeds, efficient target recovery etc etc. Learning from experienced users will really help you on your gold journey. 

Cheers RDD

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Well its been a little over two months since I got my GPX 4500. It then rained for about a month so I didn't get out much. Finally I managed to get out about half a dozen times and recovered quite a lot of lead. The company that I bought the detector from (not sure if I'm allowed to mention business names) offered a free day long course with purchase. I finally had the time to do the course and it was great to not only learn about my machine but also technique and where to look.

Second time out after doing the course "EUREKA!" a small gold nugget. Very happy. If I can find small stuff then bigger should be easier, hopefully. Just awaiting scales to measure but I'm estimating .3g see attached image. Its more fun than I imagined.

Cheers.

p.s. not sure if this old thread will be read or not, I don't mind, having fun.

IMAG1761_1.jpg

• Like 7

Thanks AuWanderer and Gold Seeker. Glad to see that the old posts are still read. I've since hammered the area where I found my first nugget but nothing else to brag about. Will use my new found knowledge and confidence to explore some less worked areas. Most of the spots I've tried have been close to popular old diggings with plenty of old detector holes to contend with. Like I said it's heaps of fun, addictive but also relaxing.

Cheers.

• Like 2