Need Advice On Nugt Etf?

tvanwho

I stumbled across this Gold ETF fund and need advice before I invest my hard earned moola.

Supposedly, this thing is up over 500% for 2016 .They just had a 5 for 1 stock split last month.

What exactly is an ETF vs a mutual fund or stock? I know they have a big position in Van Eck Gold mines.

Does one have to pay taxes on gains in an ETF before cashing out? I heard mutual funds with gains are subject to income tax at year end even if you don't cash out. That could be rather painful vs buy and hold with an individual stock.

Getting less than 1/2 % interest in the bank just isn't very appealing lately. Heck, some banks are charging people a FEE for their Saving Accounts now.

-Tom

Until as you say cash out you don't pay tax. The thing is until you have that money in your hands you have no profit. I'm not saying gold stock is not good but like I told a guy way back when If It Bothers You To lose 5 to 10 Thousand a Day Then Stay out Of It! The market as a whole.

They say buy gold are silver. Well that's good up to a point. The working Joe can't afford to hold on if the market goes down on this gold are silver. He's having trouble just paying his bills as most of us when we start out in life.

Go buy rare coins are guns are a new detector and think about how much I want to lose.

Chuck Anders

I'm back again on stocks. Any time a stock is doing good to great people will start to take a profit. When this happens the stock will go down. You got in when it was high and it cost you to get in plus as we all know it cost to get out as in sell. A good stock will come back over time but that could be a while. It may pay you to look at the history of the stock that you show interest in. Sit back for a few days just to see what it's going to do.

Mutual funds now just can't be in one stock because if they did you and them both would be out of business in a short time. Don't just look at that gold stock but do look at the track record of the fund that you may get in.

The thing is with stock you can be a rich man one day and the next have a sign Work For Food.

Chuck

don't put all your eggs in one basket.:smile:

• Like 1

And never use all your baskets for one egg. Right now any "investment" that I couldn't live in, eat, drive, or hold in my grubby little hand or find with a detector- would make me nervous. Disclaimer: I aint no phynanchal Jeenyus.

• Like 1