Infinium Coil ?

Rod K

When nugget hunting with the Garrett Infinium, are the 8" and 10"x14" mono coils better for gold than the stock 10"x14" DD? Also, how much more depth will the 10"x14" mono get that the 8" mono?  Thanks for any info. I am completely new to PI machines.

I honestly found the stock coil to be a decent all around coil on the Infinium. The 8" coil gets about the same depth on most targets but is lighter and easier to handle, but also covers less ground. The 14" mono has a depth edge but not a lot. Like 10-15% or in other words that extra inch. In my case I thought the optional coils were nice but none of them are really must have items except for niche uses. That said some people might use nothing but an 8" mono and others the 14" mono.

Long winded way to say for a lot of people the stock coil is all that is needed.

I did like the 10 x 5 DD coil because with the control box hip or chest mounted that coil makes the Infinium swing like a hip mounted Gold Bug 2. There is no real performance advantage to using it (you lose depth and it is no hotter on small stuff) beyond the ability to get into tight spaces the stock coil will not.

Thank you very much for that info Steve. I have been reading on other places that the mono coils are better but before investing in one i wanted to check with the pros. Thanks again

Thanks guys for the info. I may check with Garrett and see if they have a coil on sale for it.