White's " Garage Sale "

walkerrj

White's has been advertising a "Garage Sale" of discontinued items including refurbished Detectors.  I really don't need another Detector but couldn't resist ordering a refurbished White's Coinmaster GT with free shipping for $140.00.  Probably just use it as a backup to my other detectors but I think it should work fine for parks, dry sand, and just general purpose detecting.  I see on eBay their going for much more.  It arrived yesterday in a brand new box, pretty cool.  Might order another one as a Christmas gift for the Grandson.  

• Like 3

Anyone know anything about the Super Pulse TDI coils on sale at cost? I wonder if the "950 Style Concentric" is a mono coil or a dual field?

For those who do not know the White's GMT SuperPulse was a stripped down TDI SL made for the Africa market, then later sold in the U.S. as the White's SPP (Sierra Pulse Pro).

The SuperPulse coils are described as being dual field coils in the owners manual

but an inquiry direct to White's might be a good idea to confirm that as the design may have varied. The White's SPP featured a 12" mono and I am a bit doubtful White's would have sold these in Africa with a dual field coil because one goal was to keep the detector as inexpensive as possible.

Some of the prices are so low a person could probably buy and resell on eBay for a profit. The regular VLF GMT 14" coil that normally sells for $249 is only $65 while they last.

Hey guys -  the "GMT Super Pulse" coils work on all Dual Field models. We have a bunch of coils for the GMT (including big honking 14ers) and TDI. These items are just taking up room and I came up with this idea after having a garage sale at home. Priced at right around factory cost to move quickly. The gold GMT went pretty quick, but I think the gold MXT Pro is still for sale. Very rare!

Think John might be interested?

2 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

The SuperPulse coils are described as being dual field coils in the owners manual http://gmtmetaldetector.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/GmtSuperPulse_Manual_X.pdf

Yes, but ironically the coils listed in the manual's specs aren't the coils shown on the manual's cover.  I have the 150 mm round Super Pulse coil (as you know since you sold it to me as part of a used SPP package) and I've had it cracked open -- it is a mono coil.  And I'm pretty sure the 12 inch open structure coil that also came standard with the Sierra model is mono (The "Aussie Mono") although it just says "Pulse Scan TDI" on the coil housing so maybe not....

Thanks to this thread (no sarcasm intended :) I bought one of the 950 style coils in this Garage Sale.  I couldn't pass up the great price, even if it only turns out to be a collectors item for me.

Thanks everyone for the input... I just bought a 950 style SuperPulse coil. Couldn't pass it up at that price. I'm hoping it's a mono coil as I want to use it on a saltwater beach. I've found the dual field TDI coils are more sensitive to tiny pieces of trash in the wet sand.