Jeep Wrangler TJ ???

1515Art

Just wondering why I see/hear of so many Tacos and Tundras with rusted out frames or frames replaced under warranty from about 1996-2006 ? Since when does a truck frame rust out after 5-10 years? They usually last about forever I thought. The 4 Runners don't seem to have this issue tho.

-Tom V.

• Like 1

Dude, glad you did not buy the other one! If its a white one in Burlingame, guy is a scam artist. Wasted half a day meeting with that clown. Nice jeep ya got, have fun. As for me, found another sweet Toyota..1992. Later

• Like 1

Thanks and good for you too Ray. talking with my mechanic I gave my old rig to today, he fixed the serpentine tension pulley and was getting it ready for smog testing, so he could use it for an around town tow vehicle. He left it running during the test and while he was off doing something else the radiator exploded. I got out of it just in time...id have hated to have been 70 miles into the desert and have had the belt or radiator go and they were just two of the ticking time bombs waiting to happen.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On September 14, 2016 at 9:44 AM, LuckyLundy said:

Art,

cant believe the Mercedes died on you!  It was a good vehicle to you...hope Rudy & I, recognize you in the desert with a new vehicle!  Happy hunting for a new one

Rick

Hey Rick,

just so I don't miss you and Rudy and you will know my jeep...

also so got the fuel tank, sliders and lights too.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 6

That is a very nice motor,is it petrol or diesel ?? is that petrol tank on the back wheel linked into the main fuel line ??

• Like 1

Hi Rick, thanks, it's petrol and the fuel tank is not plumed in...they give you a syphen that has a foot valve it flows directly into the jeep main fuel tank. Gets me an extra 12 for 30 gallons total.

thanks Swegin, I was a bit worried before getting a jeep after hearing about some of the things Everyone says about driving them long distance, but the 6 hour drive to Rye Patch was easy. in fact I enjoyed driving it, best part is I've always been a leadfoot and now I enjoy going the speed limit. My driving needs a certain amount of adrenaline to keep me happy and the twitchy characistic's of the jeep is perfect.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, klunker said:

Me thinks 1515art needs to come up to this part of the country and rough that thing up a wee bit to give it some character.

Wow, I couldn't agree more...all the storms are giving me a major case of the fever being cooped up and all. Have had it in the mud out at rye patch and all around Alleganey a couple of times, rucky chucky was tore up enough the Mercedes would have had to stay at the bottom forever... the jeep didn't miss a beat, was pleasantly easy just the way I wanted it.

Thanks Rick, thinking about heading out to rye patch this Sunday if conditions are dry enough? Anyone been out reciently?